seriously?

Well there you go cadence” the doctor commented as he put a cast on my hand. “I have to ask what happened.” the doctor said as he began writing down some notes.

                “There was a wolf on the road and the car spun out of control when Dexter tried to stop,” I sighed and ran my good hand through my hair. It felt bloody and gross and all I wanted was a nice warm shower. I left out the part of me knowing it was charity but something about the look he gave me told me that he knew I was keeping something from him. I knew I would have to tell someone eventually but for right now I wanted to think of ways to deal with this myself. I am a strong independent woman who can take care of herself and doesn’t need big ass werewolves by my side twenty four seven.

                “Well you are very lucky. I have prescribed you some pain meds for your head and you’re hand. I would like you to take it easy for the next few days considering you hit your head pretty hard,” he said as he handed me a bottle of pills.

                “When can I see my friends?” I asked.

                “Tomorrow. They need their rest and so do you now go,” he said ushering me out of the small room. I let out a breath and walked back into the main pack house. He hadn’t said anything about myra so that was a good thing right? She would be okay? Clayton shot off the couch and his brothers and mother followed him.

                “Is everything okay?” Clayton asked worry etched into his features.

                “Just a few broken knuckles and a hit on the head. But he didn’t say anything about Myra,” I muttered as I stopped in front of him. I rubbed my arm uncomfortably. I had done it since I was little. Some people bite their lips and others fiddled their thumbs and I rubbed my upper arm.

                “Well you should get some rest,” Clayton’s mom said softly.

                “Yeah I got to go book another night at the hotel,” I muttered and headed towards the door. I didn’t want to leave until I knew Myra was alright but I didn’t feel welcome here at all. Suddenly Clayton was in front of me making me almost jump out of my skin.

                “No you’re staying here. I don’t need you being alone in your state,” he said firmly.

                “I’m a changed woman Clayton I think I can take care of myself. I am no longer that weak girl you fell in love with and left,” I growled and he let out a breath and I could tell he was trying to be patient.

                “Cadence I think you should stay here sweetheart. Then you can be closer to your friends if anything happens,” Clayton’s mom reasoned and I sighed in defeat. She was right I couldn’t be far from my friends in the condition they were in. I had always loved claytons mom because she had been always so mothering and I never really got a chance to experience that when I was little because my mother was killed along with my father protecting the pack from rogues. I had been devastated and on many accounts tried to take my life but the Dexter’s father and the alpha at the time took me in and treated me like his own. Dexter and I had always been best friends but when his father began to take care of me we became closer than ever before.

                “Fine I will stay,” I growled and shoved past Clayton. He let out a warning growl and I returned it as I headed upstairs to the guest rooms. I found an empty one and threw myself onto the bed in frustration. Somewhere deep down I knew Clayton had something to do with the accident but I wanted to believe that Clayton I grew to love was still in there somewhere. Clayton used to be sweet and never raised his voice at me but now he was a jerk and someone I just wanted to punch. I could tell he had also changed during the year I hadn’t seen him but I knew the real him was still in there but whereas me that old cadence was long gone and was never coming back and it was his entire fault. If he never left me my heart wouldn’t be stone and I would still be the loving person everyone loved. Now I was just the badass and sarcastic woman no one wanted to be around.