he did what?!

“Wake up sleepy head!” Dexter shouted in my ear and I almost fell off the bed.

                “God dam it Dexter!” I growled and snapped open my eyes.

                “Sorry you looked so peaceful,” he laughed and I hit his arm.

                “So you decided to scare the crap out of me!” I growled and he smirked at me.

                “Sorry,” he said and I couldn’t help but smile at him.

                “Well I’m awake now why don’t you go make me some breakfast,” I said and threw the covers off of me and climbed out of bed. He gave me a quick kiss and left the room leaving me to shower and get dressed.

                I walked into the bathroom and turned the shower onto high hot water and climbed in allowing the warm water to rush over me. it had been three months since I had even saw Clayton. I missed him more than anything but I kept that hidden from everyone because they thought I hated him. Yes I did hate him in some sense but you can’t just forget everything you did with a person. He was everything I could ever wish for but he was too scared to ever let me get close to him again. I could understand where he was coming from but at the same time he should have let me decide for myself.

                “Cadence you okay in there?” Dexter called pulling me out of my thoughts. I hadn’t even realized the water had run cold and I was beginning to shiver. I quickly jumped out and wrapped and towel around myself.

                “Yeah I’m fine I will be right out,” I called and stared at myself in the mirror. Staring back at me was no one I recognized. This girl’s hair was unusually limp and dull and her silver eyes were tired and seemed to hold the whole world in them. Her shoulders stumped and her head seemed to be hung low. I let out a breath and so did she. This girl was clearly me but something was wrong with her. She wasn’t her usual happy go lucky person. She didn’t have the energy to come up with a sarcastic comment.

                “Well hurry up there is some one here to see you,” Dexter called and I sighed and quickly got dressed in a pair of jeans and a black tank top. I left the bathroom and headed down stairs where Dexter was standing at the bottom with his back stiff and his lips set in a deep frown.

                “What’s wrong?” I asked and grabbed his hand.

                “You will see,” he growled and led me into the living room and I froze. Heather sat on one of the couches with kale sitting beside her. Both of them sat stiffly but they looked really tired and their eyes were dark with worry.

                “Why are you here?” I asked as I walked into the living room and stood in front of them.

                “Oh cadence! I’m so glad we found you!” heather sobbed as she shot to her feet and pulled me into her arms.

                “Uh where else would I be?” I asked slowly and wrapped my arms around her.

                “Never mind that. We need your help cadence,” kale said as he got to his feet. Heather let go of me and stood beside her brother.

                “Why?” I growled and crossed my arms over my chest.

                “Its Clayton,” kale started but I held up my hand.

                “Don’t say anymore. I want nothing to do with him,” I said and they stared at me.

                “Cadence please just hear us out,” heather begged and I met her tear filled eyes and my heart sunk. Whatever it was it was probably important.

                “Fine but make it quick I got things to do,” I growled and sat down in the chair and Dexter stood protectively behind me.

                “Three days ago Clayton disappeared. He has been acting very strange since you left and than he just left and we were hoping you knew where he would be,” heather ranted.

                “Don’t know don’t care,” I said and crossed my arms over my chest.

                “You do care cadence and we all know this! Look at you; you look no better than he did. He can’t do this without him and you know it,” kale snapped and I raised an eye brow at him.

                “Look what he did to me changed me and I cannot risk getting hurt like that again. I don’t think my heart or wolf can handle it. Clayton is a strong guy and I think he can take care of himself. He will come back when he is ready to,” I told them and got to my feet.

                “Please cadence you must know some where he might have gone,” heather begged and I eyed her for a moment before I sighed.

                “I have an idea but this is Clayton we are talking about. Who knows where he could be,” I sighed.

                “Where do you think he is?” kale asked shooting to his feet.

                “He always spoke of having some friends near Canada. Maybe he’s there,” I offered and heather and kale exchanged a look.

                “The red river pack,” kale whispered and heather let out a breath.

well heres the next part everyone!!! i hope you enjoy it. this story is almost over and i am still working on the sequal but i am still waiting for more tittle ideas before i pick one and announce the winner. today i would like at least six more comments before i post the next part!!!