46

Everything felt cursed, it had just gone past christmas time theye where all meant to be having fun travling round the world or partying in Kaz's case

Everything felt cursed, it had just gone past christmas time theye where all meant to be having fun travling round the world or partying in Kaz's case. But instead they were all in the cold woods covered in snow the cold didn't matter to the vampires but Kaz and Issac where freezing and a small little fire Jacob Black was putting together was not going to help.

Kaz had given his coat to Issac so the younger boy could stay warm, so he was stood cuddled into Rose as she ran her hand up and down his arm to try create some friction. Emmet was stood behind the both of the trying to block the slight breeze with his large body.

"I've offered you my jacket." Rose said as the boy in her arms shuddered, he had reffused saying he was fine but the way he was shaking slightly said otherwise.

"Once Jacob starts the fucking fire I'll be fine." Kaz mutters into her coat, Jacob needed to hurry up before Kaz could no longer feel his fingers. And he quite liked his fingers.

He watches as Jacob brings the last sst of wood toards the pile he'd created and throws them down with a huff, "do your thing fire boy." Kaz said looking towards Benjamin who smirks at him before he uses his powers to produce fire from his fingertips and throws it one the logs to start the fire up.

"Thank fuck." Kaz mutters as he speeds over to the fire putting his hands to try get closer, Issac sits beside him keeping his hands in Kaz's coat thats too sizes to big.

"That's what I'm talkin about. A little pre-battle bonfire. Telling war stories." Jacob says with a wide grin as he comes to sit on a log.

"We would of done it sooner but you need a week to start a fire." Kaz mutters and Issac lets out a chuckle nodding his head in agreement. Bree comes to a sit beside Issac and sends the boy a small smile of her own to which he returns.

"Or just standing there like frickin' statues." Jacob says as he looks around the campfire, ignoring the older boys comment about his fire skills.

Although suddenly Garrett spins in and takes a seat a gap away from kaz. "Name any American battle. I was there."

"How old is he?" Issac aks leaning over to Kaz, who shruggs his shoulders blocking out Jacobs and Garretts convsation.

"No clue." He says as he glances around to find a certain blonde. "Although he's younger than kate, she's old." He let out  yelp as Kate sped past him zapping him quickly beofre she took the spot between kaz and her mate.

"Try Oleg's assault on constantinople. He didn't win that one on his own." Kate gives Kaz a pointed look which says 'don't comment on my age again' and he raises his hands in defence.

He looks to Issac and wiggles his eyebrows as the younger boy smiles up at him.

"lf you're talking battles, you're talking the Eleven Years' war. No one does rebellion like the lrish." Laim once of the irish vampires states looking at the fire.