seven.

Clarity was one of the most sought after structures in a human life. The ability to know what the future holds for you, to see it without obstacles or without uncertainty. Clarity was peace of mind. Clarity was an abundance of thoughts that all funneled into one easily perceived ideal. Clarity meant ease. Clarity meant comprehension and acceptance. Kiara Carrera did not have clarity. Her mind was a storm cloud and the could no longer see the sky. Her very gut instinct was actively betraying her mind and that instinct was telling her that she didn't need to value a friendship over fate. There was a tiny blip of clarity in her life and it bore the name JJ Maybank.

She wondered why it had taken her so long to realize he was everything that she wanted. He had an adventurous soul, a quick  problem solving mind. He could crack the funniest of jokes and he was always all in. He was loyal, and he was always quite sure  of who he was, good and bad. JJ had many perfections but mostly imperfections, his biggest one being his usually unwavering love for his girlfriend.

Where a friendship had come bubbled, a resentment brewed instead. When Kiara had learned the truth about what kind of person June was and had been, she did not think that June was the victim she made herself out to be at times. The longer the bright light shone on her the deeper the cracks appeared. June was a girl that every guy couldn't help but fall for, and  Kiara wondered if JJ had realized that yet. That his love for her had been artificial and fleeting and a default factory setting that every guy seemed to have, and that one day she could see JJ looking at her the way that he looked at June. With those big, thoughtful eyes that ached with I would do anything for you all over them. Kiara could no longer find it in herself to not judge. Because the longer they spent on this island, the closer she got to the truth about how she felt. June March had to go, and JJ belonged with her. It had always been that way, and she feared she had missed her chance. But if Kiara was anything, it was not a quitter. And every second she she spent on this island with that leech that had sucked the life out of their group, the more she realized just how much she never truly liked June March.

Kiaras back was pressed against the trunk of a tree, her legs pulled up as she lounged in comfort. Her thoughts had been running wild while she was watching JJ attempt to lift June above his head in a Dirty Dancing-esque style that everyone observing them knew wasn't going to work. JJ didn't have the physical coordination for it, but June was happy to try over and over again anyways, even though she had accepted the fact they would never hold a candle to Baby Houseman. A squeal of laughter emitted from Junes mouth and Kie leaned forwards, her arms wrapping around her knees and her eyes narrowing. It was like watching a movie you hated but could never turn off, and the worst part was the genuine happiness. And if it was any other girl Kie could believe it. But Rafe Cameron had likened her to himself, and it made her wonder...how well did they really know June March? Kie could name about 5 facts she knew about June, and she was sure if she asked around to the others that the only things they would know were the same ones she did. So where did the line from friend and stranger blur so heavily that they were stuck on a stranded island with someone who she couldn't even tell you what he favorite color was.

"Hello?! Earth to Kie? What the hell?" The voice rose above the sounds of her skeptics, her head turning to look at who was calling for her. John B. He gave her a confused look, the boy taking a seat across from her as a breeze blew across her face, her hair shifting in the wind.

"Hey sorry. I'm here." She said, and John B nodded. He looked around and caught sight of what she had been staring at, JJ and June laughing loudly as they tumbled into the sand again. Where Kie flooded with skepticism and jealousy, John B felt his heart warm, happy that JJ of all people could find someone good for him. "Tell me 5 things you know about June, John B."