sixty-eight.

"Do you see that?" June March was standing right behind Big John, having kept up with him at an amazing speed. Their descent form the mountain had gone a let better than the first half of the day, the only talking really being the  older man rushing them and June and Sarah talking to pass the time. John B was in a semi permanent contemplative state, both girls worrying about him a little bit.

"Whoa."

"Oh my god. It's just as the  legend predicted it. See these four columns here? Mark the cardinal directions. And there it is. The temalacatl." June and Sarah shared a look when Big John said the word, Junes lips tightening as she tried not to laugh at the older man's amazement.  He was fulfilling his dream, it was very quickly that he smile dropped hand she saw him touch the stone altar in the middle of the pillars.

"I'll be damned."

"Oh my...I cant believe it." Big John shined his flashlight across the top of the temalacatl, all of them not understanding the weight of their discovery. Junes doubt in El Dorado was  beginning to clear up, just knowing that this thing was actually here.  "Oh, it's as real as the day, boy. A thousand years of astronomy, mathematics is all contained in this. This proves that the Kalinago were every bit equal to the Mayans. This...this is gonna rewrite everything." June and John B shared a look, Sarah joining in it at they weight of the discovery really dawned on them. They had discovered something purely and amazingly historical, something they world hadn't seen before. Junes fingers ran across the carving in the stone and she felt powerful for the first time in awhile, her heartbeat pounding as she realized this is what a success felt like.

"Oh you see that? This right here. That's where she goes."

"Yeah, yeah. Get that thing out. Get the gnomon out. Come on."

"That's where the gnomon goes."  Big John was beaming with excitement and exhilaration, holding the gnomon in his hands. "Alright this is it. This is the moment boy."

"Nice and easy. Nice and easy."

"That's right. Boy, look at this. Please please please." He placed the gnomon in the spot and it fit, a laugh leaving his lips as he finally did it.  He had been waiting for this moment his entire life. "Oh my God."

John B handed him the medallion and Big John looked down at it with shaky hands, a small circular slot catching his attention. John B nodded and he placed the medallion into the circle, fitting perfectly. Big John laughed again and June felt her heart leap at the fact that whatever it was that was happening was happening correctly.

"Alright listen up. When the moon hits its zenith, that's when the action starts. Okay, John B, I want you on translation. Sarah, gather up some mud and June you mark the glyph so we know what to translate. You got it? And be quick okay?"

"Hey, hey. Aye, aye, captain. Relax." John B tried to ease his dads remarks, but Big John wasn't having it.

"We only got one shot at this. I don't want any back talk, okay?"

"Okay, okay." June couldn't stop staring at the  gnomon, trying to figure out what it possibly could mean. She was new to all this El Dorado lord, she had close to no idea what was even going on.  The moonlight hit the top of the statue so one ethan June expected, the girl stepping back as she watched the glyphs glow. She wasn't too sure what to do, she felt like she didn't know where she fit here. A glyph shined on the whole other side of the statue than they were on, June watching as they seemed to not see it.