twenty-eight.

Zach and June had spent almost an entire hour tearfully catching up, the apologies out of the way and her mind set at ease. Coming home was starting to look better and better by the moment, proven by the fact that she now knew Zach didn't hate her.

"And then this guy in Barbados—" June was cut off by the sound of a car door slamming, the girl looking at the window and then shaking her head and looking back at Zach. "This guy in Barbados—"

"Get the hell out of here!" Both Zach and June looked now, the voice belonging to her father as the shout carried all the way from outside into her room. June stood, holding a hand up to Zach and approaching the window with furrowed eyebrows. Once she took in the scene her eyes widened, her heart stopping as she saw who her dad was yelling at.

JJ.

"Oh no." She said, hurrying towards the door as fast as she could. She ripped her bedroom door open, running down the stairs at a quickened pace. Her heart pounded in her chest as she approached the front door, the shouting from outside making a lump grow in her throat.

"Sir I—please I just want to see her. June—"

"No you're gonna to stay the hell away from my daughter! I'm not losing her again because of you fucking kids." June ripped the front door open, running onto the porch to see what was going on. She was confused, but the second JJ saw her his anger felt reprieve, his heart felt alleviation from the stress he was under.

"Dad! What are you doing?!" June asked, hurrying down the steps and towards  where her parents were. Her dads face as red with anger as he looked at JJ, the boys eyes wide as he looked at him in disbelief. Her mother was standing behind him, the woman quickly rushing to her daughter who was approaching.

"Get out of here! You cannot see my daughter."

"Sir with all due respect your daughter is 17 years old!" JJ argued back, the boy having already had a pretty shitty day before now. He wasn't sure how it could get worse, and all her wanted to do was see June. Even if they weren't on the best of terms.

"Exactly! Meaning she's not 18! Meaning she can't do shit without my say so." Her father argued back, nothing but hatred in his eyes. In his mind it was the boy standing in front of him that had taken his daughter away, that had killed her and kidnapped her and taken her, because before he came into their lives she was doing just fine.

"I just need a minute alone with—" Mr. March cut him off,  June starting to push forwards as the shock of all of this unfolding made her go into panic. Her mother was quick to stop her, grabbing June by the arms and holding her in her place. Her mothers eyes were wide as June looked at her in a strange light, unable to comprehend what was happening. This could not be happening.

"You'll never get a minute alone with her again if I have anything to say about it."

"Honey go back inside your fathers got this handled." It was now that both June and JJ realized that in the Marchs eyes, he was the bad guy. He was the villain. JJ scoffed, shaking his head as his breaths began to quicken.

"Mom let me go!" The shouting had drawn the attention of Tyler and Adam, Junes brother starting down the stairs and towards the scene.  Tyler stood on the porch, realizing his version of paradise may have been a little more complicated than he had expected. Her mother started to forcefully pull her daughter inside, June fussing and turning ti get her mothers hands off of her.