twelve.

"Okay, John B. Your turn . Truth or Dare?" Sarah Cameron asked, the leaf hat sitting on her head. June had her head leaned lazily against JJs shoulder, her eyes on her nails as they played truth or dare. John B stood up, outstretching his arms as he decided on which he would choose.

"Alright, alright. Truth." John B said, Sarah pulling the hat off and throwing it at him.

"Truth?"

"Truth!" He confirmed, June chuckling lightly at his enthusiasm.

"This is exciting." Cleo added, John B putting his hat on and sitting down again. Sarah thought about it for a moment a light smile pulling up the corner of her lip as she asked.

"If you could do it all again what would you do different?"

"Uh, get the gold out before Ward did."JJ said matter of factory, the group nodding and starting in on all the things they would do differently.

"Maybe hide the cross a little better." Pope said in a disappointed voice, his eyes on the sand as he played with a twig in his fingers.

"Maybe avoid falling off the side of a house and avoid also getting kidnapped." June added, JJ moving his hand to knit his fingers together with hers. She picked at her nails from time to time and he knew it was a nervous thing, the boy helping her out by pulling her attention away from them.

"Not yell 'murderer' at Ward, maybe." Kie said, her eyebrows lifting slightly as she looked down from where JJ had grabbed Junes hand.

"Uh, steal a couple bottles of rum before we jumped off the boat?" John B finally answered, all of them assuming that was the best reply of all of them. Simple, effective, and something that they actually could've used.

"Yeah. Why didn't you do that actually?" JJ asked, his eyes squinting from the sun as he looked at his best friend.

"I don't know maybe because I was in a fight to the death?"

"I would look both ways before crossing the street." Cleo said, earning a laugh from June who understood exactly what she was talking about.  A guilty little look crossed John Bs face and  he scratched at the back of his neck, shrugging slightly as he spoke.

"Yeah my bad. My bad."

"I'd have just stayed home honestly." Tyler said, everyone nodding and agreeing that that was a good idea.

"Your turn chief." Cleo said, looking up at John B as the laughing and agreeing died out.

"Alright Kie, truth or dare?"

"Truth." Kiara said from her spot, her face dropping as John B dropped the hat only her head.

"Alright um...if you could go home to your parents house on Figure Eight this instant...would you do it?" Everyone looked at her,  wondering what her answer would be. JJ looked at her intently, slightly nervous for what she would say. The two of them had bonded heavily over the past month about how being stranded here was the best thing going for them. JJ was in a situation where he knew that June would rather be anywhere but here, but he would rather be here than anywhere.

"Not a chance."

"Seconded!" Sarah joined in, pointing at Kie and nodding her head. JJ felt relief in him as he realized he wasn't the only one, the boy fighting back a smile as he looked over at June. He could already tell by the look on her face at she didn't agree, but she wouldn't say that out loud. Instead she stayed silent for this portion of agreements.