forty-four.

June March laid face down in between her blankets, her body recovering from all of the exhausting things she had put it through.  The sound of her phone ringing ripped her from her dreamless sleep, the girl springing up from the bed. Her hair was still wet from the shower she had taken the night before and she felt around the bed with closed eyes as she tried to find her phone. Her fingers gripped the device and she pulled it up to her face, using her palms to rub the sleep from her eyes. She slid her finger across the screen, holding the phone up to her ear and answering.

"Hello?" Her voice was thick with sleepiness and she had no idea who was calling, her mind still trying to wake up.

"Juneypoo...it's a code red at the Chateau." The voice on the other end of the phone was John B, the mention of a code red making her come out of her sleep.

"What's wrong?" She asked as she rolled off the bed, looking at the clock on the side of the bed and seeing that it was almost 11 am. She stifled a groan as she laid out on her bed again, her eyes closing as she considered getting up. She still needed to hear this reason though,  because it would determined the speed she would be going to get ready.

"Nothings wrong. I'm worried sick about you and I want to see you because I haven't seen you since..." She nodded before realizing he couldn't see her, the girl mumbling that she was on her way and then hanging up. She missed him of course, but the challenges of the last few days had left him admittedly at the back of her list of worries. Now that she remembered him she was a bit more inclined to missing him, the girl assuming that a hug from John B Routledge would work wonders on her emotional state. Pope as well, the award for the best hugs going to the Heyward boy. She thought of  JJ for a moment, his smile and the way their bodies molded perfectly together when they hugged, how warm her heart got. She shook her head, pushing  herself up from the bed and walking towards her closet.

After brushing her hair and teeth, cleaning her wound, and getting dressed she sat down in front of the vanity, the pain in her face having reminded her of everything that had happened at Hardy's office. She looked in the mirror and was not surprised by the black eye she had, the girl sucking in a breath as she tried to start covering it with makeup. She couldn't cover her busted lip, but the big bruise on her cheek and eye she could do her best.

When she was satisfied with the result she looked up at the mirror, realizing how terribly fake her eye still was.  There was no way she could hide it, so she just stood up,  pulling her shoes on and making her way out of the room. If she couldn't hide it then she would wear it with pride,  proof that she was tougher than she seemed. It wasn't the first time John B had seen her battered and bruised, and at this rate she was almost sure it wouldn't be the last. 

She wanted nothing more than to lay back down for a good nights rest, to sleep through the day and the night and not be disturbed. But duty called and she had to face them sometime. She just wished she'd have gotten a few more hours before she was summoned, she had been out rather late the night before, not getting home till the early hours of the morning. She felt a burn in her chest as she thought about the night before, everything that had happened . She pushed those thoughts away, putting John B and her friends at the forefront of her mind. Business with Rafe was far from over now.

June sat down in her car, putting the key in and turning it on. The second the engine started she felt her stomach rumble, the girl realizing it had been a little while since she had eaten. The snacks yesterday. Which reminded her she needed to check in with Zach. She decided on stopping along the way to get some food, her stomach growling again at just the thought of eating.