fourteen.

The plane engine whirred as they took off, and clearly something Jimmy had said had been wrong. The look on JJs face was enough to tell them all that something was up, but still June couldn't care enough to  really be all that worried. This man could deliver them directly into Wards grip and it would still be better than being stranded on that island. Maybe the reason why she  wasn't so terribly afraid was because she knew that this all seemed a little too much effort for Ward. He had everything he wanted but Sarah, how would he know where to find her. Also the last she heard, he was a bit incapacitated.

"Wahoo don't run in September, ever alright? So whoever this man is, he's not a fisherman." JJ said, and they all looked around trying to wrap their head around this information.

"At least not a good one." June added, and everyone looked at her with an unimpressed look. Her joke hadn't been received well, the girls lips tightening into a straight line as her attempt to ease the tension had failed. She leaned back in her seat, closing her eyes and relaxing as she listened to them all theorize.

"Maybe the run just starts earlier out here." Pope said, but JJ was quick to shut him down.

"Are you sure about that? In the Caribbean?"

"No, I know what this is. He's working for my dad, and he's probably been looking for us this entire time." Sarah said, the paranoia in her voice becoming so real.

"Alright well we gotta find out. Start looking for some sort of...clues." JJs eyes set on the bag, and he motioned for John B to get the pilots attention. June reopened her eyes, turning her head to look at Tyler who was sitting at the back of the plane with about the same level of unconcerned as she was. He just wanted to get back to the mainland. Somewhere, something.  Other than stranded island.

"Hey Jimmy!" John B yelled, the man pulling his headset off to answer him.

"Yeah. What's up?"

"How long you had this bird?" JJ watched the man as he turned his head towards John B, the boy reaching for the bag.

"Oh, about ten years now."

"How long you been flying?" John B was a good distraction,  JJ pulling a book and some papers out of the bag.

"I've been flying all my life."

"Uh...who's that lovely lady right there?" John B asked, looking at JJ as he started to sift through the things. John B kept the conversation up, June leaning forwards slightly as curiosity took over. She wanted to see what they came up with. JJ opened the book, a picture of the Coastal Venture sitting in the front of it. The very boat they jumped off of. The possibility of Ward being behind this struck June all of a sudden  and yet she still couldn't be as terrified as she probably should have been.

"The Coastal Venture. Oh my god. This is the boat we were on. With Eberhimi and the cross." Sarah said, her fingers gripping the photograph.

"So he was looking for us." Cleo said, her eyes warily lifted to the pilot.

"Exactly."

"He's working for my dad." Sarah said, a pit dropping in her stomach as she realized they were just being thrust right back into the issue. The plane began to shake and Jimmy spoke up, all of them looking at him.