forty-nine.

June March was locked away in the confines of her bedroom, her body sprawled out across her bed as she stared up at the ceiling. After what felt like forever searching for Sarah she had come up empty handed, and by the end of the search she was far too inebriated to continue on, so Zach had taken her home. After she had drunkenly insisted on him coming inside and Zach narrowly escaping her and riding off into the night, she had managed to get inside and to her bed, where she was now.

Her head was spinning in the most exciting of ways, the girl had been chasing this feeling for what felt like forever now,  finally getting that  sincere wasted she had been wanting for so long. She was at the point that she could hardly comprehend her own thoughts, just knowing that every few seconds an important one came to mind, and the next second it disappeared. Perfectly forgetful.

She slowly pushed herself up from her laying position, her body swaying as she managed to stand. She stumbled towards the closet and opened it, pulling out a change of clothes. She aimed for comfort, pulling on a t-shirt and taking off her pants, the girl unclasping her bra and throwing it into the depths of her closet. She made it to her vanity next, the girl sitting down on the chair and looking into the mirror. Her fingers traced over her black eye and her lip, her image blurring in and out of focus as she continued to sway.

She was too drunk to read too far into coming home to an empty house. She had found out through Zach that Adam had a girlfriend, so he spent most nights there with her. Her parents had left a note that they were going to be attending a wellness retreat, basically saying that her disappearance was the cause of hers. And she had not a singular clue where Tyler was. She had thought when she returned home from being kidnapped that he family would want her around, would want to be near her...not everything was as it seemed she supposed. While Kie was on house arrest and Pope was under guard, June had been free to  wander about, leaving her with the drunken question of whether her parents had ever really honestly cared that she had been gone.

She stared at herself in the mirror for a few more moments, the girl slowly standing up from the chair. She used a book on her vanity to help her stand, her body turning towards the door. She took a few steps away from the table before she stopped in her tracks, her head turning slowly back to the book. Even drunk she would recognize that book, her blood seeming to run cold as she read over the cover. To the left of the book was a potted plant, a gasp leaving her lips as she looked at it. A peace lily.

She took quick steps back towards the vanity, her hands running over the cover of the book. She couldn't fully comprehend how it had gotten here but she became immediately paranoid, her head turning towards her window. She opened the cover and flipped through a few pages until she realized there was a dog-eared one right in the  middle, the girl opening the book to the page and seeing what awaited her there. There was a folded piece of paper marking the page, June quickly plucking it from the book and  unfolding it. It took her a moment to read the words, her heart pounding as she realized who this all was from.

Tomorrow at 8.

Her jaw clenched as she ran her eyes over the words over and over again, the girl ripping the paper in half and running a hand over her face. She wanted to escape him, to be free of him but even drunk she couldn't, so she figured she wasn't drunk enough. She threw the crumpled up paper onto the vanity and closed the book, walking towards the door and opening it. She practically sprinted down the stairs, as fast as she could in her current state, the girl arriving in the kitchen as quickly as possible. Her fathers liquor cabinet was screaming her name, the girl pulling open the doors and grabbing the first bottle she could. She managed to get something the chase it with from the fridge and then she stumbled towards her living room, her eyes lighting up when she saw the tv.