fifty-eight.

Rafe Cameron stood on the front porch of June Marchs house, heavy breaths falling from his lips and his thoughts definitely not in the correct place. He had almost killed his father not even an hour before, and he only knew one person he could confide in, one person who might give him the time of day, might tell him what he needed to do. He was going to her now.

He was sweating profusely, thinking in his head that he probably looked absolutely insane. He ran a hand over his head as he tried to gather how he had even gotten her...he wasn't entirely sure when he had made the conscious decision to show up. Then he realized he hadn't made the decision consciously, his body had brought him here itself.

He clearly must've been out of his mind if he was showing up on the Marchs doorstep, ringing the doorbell like he wasn't enemy number one around here. However her looked down at his arm and he had his finger pressed to the doorbell, and he was ringing it. He lowered his hand with a shaky breath, thinking about how badly he wanted to see her, to speak to her. She would know exactly what to tell him. She always seemed to know what he needed to hear. That was another thing he loved about her.

He reached for the door handle and much to his surprise it actually was unlocked, his state of mind leading him into the house. He didn't even bother to try and check for anyone here, he figured it would be best if no one knew he was here, he could just sneak upstairs and meet her in there and everything would be fine. She was an understanding girl, she was fantastic at listening, everything would be fine. He started up the stairs and  immediately just opened her bedroom door, his lips turned down into a frown as he felt his body shaking with the anticipation of her calming presence.

However when he stepped inside he was immediately informed that she wasn't there. His face fell even more somehow and he turned, starting back out into the hallway. He searched the house for a few minutes and was alarmed by the fact that it was completely empty, thoughts of his father seeming to slowly fade away by the minute. His worry was clouding his terrible thoughts  and before he knew it he was back in her room, sitting on the edge of her bed and trying to remember everything she had said to him yesterday. All the shit where she had accused him of breaking into her house, a second time at least. His face scrunched up and he immediately felt  his body tense up. He knew there was a possibility she was just out, that she was with the Pogues, but his gut was telling him something was wrong, something more was going on.

He looked around the room, his hands clasped in front of his mouth. His eyes stopped on her vanity, the boy seeing something that made his stomach churn. He stood from the bed, walking towards the flower he had given her. Behind it was an old picture, easily recognizable to him.  It was a picture of the two of them from a long time again, the boy pulling it from where it was propped up against the mirror. He looked down at it with glazed over eyes, thinking of simpler times when they were happy. Thoughts of his father were nonexistent now, Rafe starring down at the picture with a fixed gaze.

A small chiming noise pulled him from his thoughts, his head turning to look at where it had come from. He turned around, unable to locate where the chime had come from. He got a relatively smart idea, pulling his phone out of his back pocket and pulling up her contact. He quickly called it, his stomach dropping when he heard a ringing noise. He followed the noise to the edge of her bed,  the boy leaning down in front of it and reaching to find it. His fingers skated across the carpet for a few moments before they met metal, the vibrating in his hand stopping as the call went to voicemail. He pulled the phone from under the bed, the boy swallowing as he looked down at it. This definitely didn't make him feel better about this. Why would her phone be under the bed, why wouldn't she have it? Something was going on here. He  pushed himself up from the floor, looking around the room now with a different gaze. He needed to find some clue as to where she was.