fifty.

"Please...come inside. My parents left for some retreat and Adams got a girlfriend now apparently and Tyler is always gone." June seemed relaxed, JJ not gathering the fact that she was absolutely trashed yet. He was blinded by the fact that he was being invited inside, that she wanted to see him and she had asked him to come over. However when she started to walk away from the door he quickly realized, her swaying giving away the fact that she was not sober. He still followed her inside, closing the door and locking it behind him, considering it was the middle of the night.

"Adam has a girlfriend?" JJ asked, his eyes attaching to the bottle of liquor on the table in the living room. He took in the scene, an empty bottle of soda, a dented bottle of liquor, a paused movie on the tv, and the phone that had committed the crime sitting beside the remote. He let out a breath, his eyes going back to June who was now looking at him. Her eyes were heavy and she had a hazy gaze, her lips parting slightly as she finally gathered the fact that the object of all of her desires was standing right here in front of her. JJ quickly averted his gaze, unsure if keeping eye contact with her was a good idea. Her stomach twisted in desire and he scratched at the back of his neck, still awaiting her answer.

"Yeah apparently. Zach told me. Some girl named Laura from Wilmington. I mean good for him, although I used to think him and Kat Spaceys brother would get together. What's his name again?"

"Kat Spaceys brother is...Ben. Why would you think that?" JJ asked, thinking about the fact that Kat Spacey was a Pogue,  and her brother Ben had been in the army for over a year now.  June shrugged, reaching towards the table and grabbing the bottle. She sat down on the couch, JJ standing and looking at her as she did so. When she looked back up at him he once again had to look away, her gaze too charged for him to be able to hold it. He was getting ideas.

"I don't know, they always used to hang out. It wouldn't surprise me if they secretly had a thing for each other. Ben still writes here sometimes." JJ was lost in the conversation now, the words going in one ear and out the other. All he could think about was her, and all he wanted was her and he knew that his best option was to stay standing and not give in to her. He could tell she was drunk, but he couldn't tell if she was purposefully making him feel this way. "Come on JJ. Sit down...why are you so tense?"

His eyes ran across her again and it was now that he realized what she was wearing, or better yet what she wasn't wearing, his eyes dragging across her bare legs and to the underwear she had on. He now felt like he had to sit down, the boy taking a seat but keeping a fair amount of distance between them. He gulped as he looked up at her face, that faux innocence on her features as she tilted her head at him. She let out a breath when he sat beside her and he heard it, a chill going down his spine as he finally got the real gist of why he was here.

"I'm not—I'm not tense. I'm just confused why you invited me over here?" He tried to be reasonable and sensible about this, although every part of him was screaming at him to just go along with whatever she was thinking. She nodded, her head turning and her arm outstretching, grabbing the bottle of liquor and holding it out to him. "To drink?"

"I want you to drink. You don't have to." He looked between her and the bottle and figured maybe a drink wouldn't hurt, the girl biting back a smile as he grabbed it. Her eyes followed the bottle to his lips and she felt a burn in her stomach and her chest as she watched him take a long swig, her next words coming out with urgency. "I invited you over because I wanted to talk."

"Talk about what?" His voice was hoarse as he asked, his throat burning as he took another swig. He figured maybe alcohol would make him less tense, less worried and less anxious.  Her eyes left his and she considered her answers, but her debilitating state of mind had her speaking before she had even decided.