eighteen.

June awoke to the sound of someone tapping on the window, her eyes opening quickly. She was alarmed by the fact that the day before had actually happened, they were held captive in Barbados by her fathers old defendant from 20 years ago. She was trapped in a room with Rafe Cameron, the person who kidnapped her the last time  and Kiara who was not very enthusiastic about being in the room with either of them. The only thing that June wasn't entirely sure about is if she had dreamt her deal with the devil during a late night bathroom rendezvous or if it had really happened.

Speaking of the devil, the tapping on the window seemed to wake him up, Rafe quick to jump up and run towards Kiara.

"Shut up. Shut up. Shut up. Hey what the- what the hell are you doing? What are you doing?" Rafe asked, standing in front of Kie with wide and confused eyes. June just turned into her side, watching the scene without an ounce of care in the world. She was too tired.

"Like I owe you an explanation." Kie said, pushing past him and to the door.

"Think for a second! Kie, what are you doing?" She started to beat on the door, calling out to the other side as Rafe looked at her like she was insane.

"Hello!"

"Hey! What're you doing?" He tried to get an answer from her but she wasn't having it, June pushing her face into the pillow as Kie yelled at him.

"Don't talk to me!" June stifled a laugh into the pillow, closing her eyes and laying on her stomach, trying to soak in any sleep she could manage before she was thrust back into reality. Her self preservation wasn't as high as usual because she knew her and Singh had some kind of deal.

"You're lying about this diary thing. You know where it is." Rafe said, drawing his own conclusions.

"No, I don't."

"You don't? Okay." He shrugged, not too impressed with the lies.

"You wish."

"Okay, okay listen. I wouldn't tell me either. But he's never gonna believe we don't know something alright? Listen—hey Singh...Singh killed-"

"Hey!" Kie yelled at him, her breaths heavy as she looked at him with fear in her eyes and hatred in her body.

"Look around, Kie. I'm the only friend you two got." Just as Rafe said it the door lock clicked, Kie hurrying past him and towards the guard.

"I need to talk to Mr. Singh. I have something to tell him. It's urgent." June sprung up at the words, her eyebrows furrowed as she looked at Kiara in confusion. The girl only looked back at Rafe before the guard grabbed her by the arm, granting her permission to talk to Singh and making June jump up from the bed.

"Kie...Kie! What are you doing?! Don't leave me in here with him. Hey don't leave me-" The door closed behind the girl and the guard and June was left standing in front of the door, her mouth dropped open in complete and utter disbelief. Rafe had his hands on his head, cursing at her for going against not only him but June as well.

"Shit. She's selling us out. June she is literally selling us out as we speak." June stared at the door in anguish, her head shaking slowly as she racked her brain for what Kies plan could possibly be here. "Are you just gonna sit there and-"