Grin Reaper

The garage fills with sighs, not one of Grojband's members escaping the feeling of bordome. The five sit around Corey's laptop around the couch, all with the same tired frown.

Corey takes a deep breath in and sighs an even deeper sigh than the last, "This whole town's been emo since Sweet Barney's Candy Factory burned down."

"You can hear the entire town sighing," Laney vaguely gestures to outside the garage, which were filled with sighs just as spiritless.

Corey pulls his head up, "Maybe some late breaking news will cheer us up," he leans down to his computer and brings up Peaceville's news network website.

"This just in," the screen flashes to some breaking news with Chance Happening and Buzz Newsworthy, "The happiest man in the world is dancing into town."

"WOW!" Grojband awes at the report, smiling for once after the few weeks of boredom.

"LOSER!" (Y/N) called out at the same time.

The rest of the band shoots them looks, all varying degrees of confused.

(Y/N) immediately recoils into themself, crossing their arms and muttering, "It's a reflex, I'm not happy about it."

_____________________________________

The news report switches to a live broadcast of said 'happiest man in the world', a long-legged man in an 80s style exercise spandex with sweatbands to match his primary-colored palette, twirling and frolicking through the streets of Peaceville.

He stops in front of the camera with his wide, up to his eyes grin and waves double-handed, "Star dust kisses for everyone!"

Buzz zips up to him, "Excuse me sir, who are you and how are so happy enough to make your own music appear from nowhere?" he holds out his microphone.

The man leans down to the microphone, "My name is Torbo and I'm from a place that's next to Dreamland, where the roads are paved with joy!"

Buzz just stares at him and goes, "Are you insane?"

Torbo waggles his finger, "Nope! I'm just happy all the time!" He does a backflip onto his hand, "You can hide from any problem behind a smile! Meet me in the heart of your town, and I'll show you how!"

"Seems legit to me folks," Buzz shrugs and the broadcast cuts out.

_____________________________________

Corey shuts his laptop.

Kon shrinks away from the computer, biting his lip and trembling, "That dude is definitely a robot."

Laney doesn't have a reaction too far off from Kon's, "Anyone else think it's creepy when folks are too happy?" she makes a grin similar to Torbo's and mockingly pokes her cheek.

"Too true," (Y/N) sticks their tongue out and gags.

"I think it's a creep-ortunity!" Corey jumps up on the couch with a finger raised in the air, "Happy folks are half-way to being happy fans."

"That dude is so fake, Corey," (Y/N) scoffs, leaning back on the thread-bare couch, "I don't think even you could make a plan out of this situation."

Laney chimes in, crossing her arms, "As much as I wouldn't like to feed into (Y/N)'s seesawing esteem, they're right. People are going to see through that guy eventually."

"Right," Kin drawled out the word, "So we better hurry and get on this!"

The twins and Corey throw up the sign of the horns and dash out the garage, yelling, "GO GROJBAND GO!"