Math of Kon

"Today, math takes the stage at the Semi-biannual Peaceville Try-Math-a-Lon! Live right here on the Summation Station, the home of televised math! Solve for x-citement!"

Corey exits out of the ad, "Guess who just booked us a gig rocking the Try-Math-a-Lon?" He rolls his chair over to the band.

Kon scoffs, crossing his arms, "Just tell us! This game always takes forever!"

Kin eyes glimmer, "We're playing a math competition? Awesome!"

"I was gonna say nerdsville," Laney knits her eyebrows.

"This'll take a blow to my reputation," (Y/N) hums, furrowing their eyebrows, "Although I can beat people up in return."

"It's live TV, (Y/N)!" Corey tries to convince his band, at least the majority, "We'll reach every nerd in town: a totally untapped fanbase! Grojband equals math rock. And when smart people like us, everyone will like us so that they look smart too."

"Manipulative," (Y/N) snickers and tries to high-five Kon, but he gently puts their hand down. F.

"I don't know Corey," Kon bites his lip, "I'm not so good at math, I've been failin' it for like... How many hands is six fingers?" The drummer studies his two hands.

Corey shrugs off Kon's concerns, "Hah, you know all the math you need to, buddy! You can count us in, right?"

Kon nods, convinces, "One, two, three, four!"

Grojband starts playing when Trina glares down, from the top of the stairs, at her brother's band, annoyed, "I can't focus and junk with all that rock-and-racket! Hashtag," She draws a # in the air, "Silence!"

She covers her ears and heads back to her room, slamming it behind. The sister jumps onto her bed and picks up her rotary phone, "There's a zero percent chance Corey and his dumb band are getting anywhere near the Try-Math-A-Lon."

At the Try-Math-A-Lon Mayor Mellow picks up a landline phone out of a technician's pocket, "Mellow-I won't stand for that! Wait. Sorry, jumped the gun. What are you calling about?"

_____________________________________

Monkey wrench transition

(https://64.media.tumblr.com/46148db8c5aa9762fd206068a753add0/e2177fdf2af8c2a3-f4/s1280x1920/44a03c6b1cf41100c73ff1694408d00e6ff160bf.jpg)

_____________________________________

"What do you mean we can't play?" Corey pleads, standing in the autotoruim where the Tri-Math-o-Lon'll take place.

Mayor Mellow briefs him on the situation, "Word has it your drummer's a math failer," The mayor jabs his finger to Kon, making the latter frown deeper, "Can't have him on stage if we're giving it up for numbers."

Mayor Mellow jumps off stage, runs, and high-fives Trina before e off heading to another room.

"Guess whose sister totally snitched you out? Hashtag..." Trina writes in the air again, "Sabotage!"

Corey scowls, "You told Mayor Mellow about Kon?"

Trina puts a hand on her hips, "There isn't room in this thing for you + me, so I minused you."

"Wait. Why are you going to the Try-Math-A-Lon?" Corey interrogates his sister further.

"I have my super secret reasons," With that she walks off with bigger pride.

"Okay," Corey nods his head, thinking up a new plan, "It's problem-solving time."

_____________________________________