The Leader

In the last chapter, some of the voices still pitied Dream and Horror. So with their request for help, the voices shouted out for the entire island to hear:

"DREAM AND HORROR ARE LOST IN THE FOREST AND GOT SWARMED. I GOT SCARED AND HAVE COME TO REPORT THEY ALSO FOUND FRESHWATER! Oh.... And Killer fell off a vine and is unconscious."

"YOU GOT IT YOU TWO: CALLING ALL OTHER GROUPS, DREAM AND HORROR FOUND FRESH WATER. BUT THEY ARE IN NEED OF HELP, THEY ARE CURRENTLY LOST."

•••

As the two got closer to the building, they could see that there wasn't just one building: it was an entire civilization. There was a multitude of old, cracked houses and buildings. Plants grew out of windows and up the walls. Parts of the buildings had fallen inwards or out on the man-made stone paths.

But there was no people. That was to be expected and seeing any remains of people would probably be worse. So seeing nothing was just fine. However, one of the weirdest things about this place was how quiet it was. There was barely any birds nearby. It was eerily quiet. The two had stopped talking, Dream was too focused on not scratching or irritating his stings. So it was quiet. That is, until a voice made fun of the two by practically shouting:

"HORROR AND DREAM SITTING IN A TREE! K-I-S-S-I-N-G!"

The shouts startled the two really badly, but both had very different reactions. Dream screeched and flinched dramatically while Horror jumped and almost dropped Dream. Thankfully, he didn't. Both were fine. Mostly. Dream winced as he was almost dropped and had to assure Horror multiple times that he was okay and he didn't have to apologize. Besides, it was the voice's fault.

And neither of them brought up what the voice said.

Instead, they both kept their eyes on their surroundings. Horror stopped in front of a building that looked mostly put together still. A bit of the roof had fallen in, but overall looked decent.

"Horror, Dream! Be very careful when you explore the buildings. If they've been abandoned for a long time there's a chance the floors and roof could cave in. Not to mention there's things like broken glass and rusty nails that could get you in a lot of trouble. I don't want you two hurt more!" A voice said, offering advice before they entered the building.

"Oh yeah, don't you worry. I'll be so careful while I explore." Dream muttered, planning on moving absolutely zero inches when they get inside.

Horror nudged the old wooden door open. It creaked open easily. Horror hesitantly stepped inside. Most stuff was gone inside. There was a few items of furniture. There was a bed in the corner of the room. Horror studied it for a minute before determining that there was only dirt and a few leaves on the bed before setting Dream down.

He started to wander around the rest of the tiny house when a voice said:

"Drop some sort of bee sting ointment. I feel bad for Dream. While I may be the asshole who broke Geno's ankle, I'm not gonna be a total ass." The voice spoke nonchalantly, as if breaking Geno's ankle wasn't a very big deal. It was a kinda big deal, actually. He kinda needs to walk.

The ointment landed on the floor, way out of Dream's reach. "Oh thank fucking everything." He muttered, looking at the ointment.

Horror went over to grab it. As he was doing so, the rest of the voice's comments processed. Horror picked up the ointment and looked up at the sky through some of the cracks in the ceiling. "You broke Geno's foot? That's kinda rude."

"How the hell did a voice break a bone?" Dream wondered out loud.

"They dropped this." Horror said, holding up the ointment bottle. "They could have dropped something else on his foot."