𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 5

I want you to know I'm a mirrorball.
I can change everything about me to fit in
~Taylor Swift

 I can change everything about me to fit in                                           ~Taylor Swift

"What are you saying? " Mr. Dane asks Ivan with slightly wide eyes as if he is trying to process what he said. While Ms river is freezed in his place.

That makes the three of us.

He leans forward placing his elbows on his knees and looking straight in the direction of Mr Dane.

I place my forearm of the armrest of my chair and watch him as he explains his horrible solution.

"Sir, of course we cannot fulfill all of their needs. Apart from scholarships building a separate department for the black people will take us years for that. And how do we help them with police harassment? We cannot overthrow the government for them." He tells and disbelief fills my blank face.

"Why not? " I ask him and all the three heads snap in my direction.

"Sir, I think what they want is completely understandable. I don't think they're wrong. They just want to us to give them what every other student in this university has." I keep my voice steady even though irritation grows inside me.

"What do you mean? " Ms river asks me closing her laptop.

"I mean. They are young. And they got a very enthusiastic blood right now and they can go to any limits to get what they want.even if it is not possible for us Or even if it is wrong in our eyes. " I continue and Mr. Dane sighs.

"Right.we cannot risk. They can hire media and tarnish our reputation that took years to build! " Mr Dane exclaims and leans back in his chair.

Looking at me with a challenging look in his eyes.

I know what's coming for me.

"Violence is not the answer. And then they're students who are still in their late twenties struggling for something we all are working hard for. A high paying job. And I think they should get what they were promised" I explain waving my hands like I am giving a motivational speech.

"I think you can do all of it without affecting them or us" Mr Dane announces front the head of the table and I look at him to find staring at me.

There we go.

My brows pinch in confusion and I tilt my head to the side.

A low growl from my side is heard and a smile creeps up on my face.

"What I want to say is. After listening your thoughts on this. I want you to handle this. As soon as possible. Make sure to meet their needs. We will do whatever they want." He says leaning forward to place his elbows on the edge of the table.

"How many days? " He asks me. A small smile teasing on his lips and I smile wider at him.

"Four days, sir" I announce sitting back straighter and Mr. Dane gets up.