𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 29

Picking up my half done project file I walk towards Mr. Pitt's office to show him my work.

I pause in midway hearing him speaking to someone.

"Nice work, callum" I hear Mr. Pitt's voice. "It's all done by rose, sir" I hear Ivan's voice and my eyebrows hit my hairline because his work was done by him. Why did he take my name?

"Ah!! That girl has a lot of potential, I love her intelligence" Mr pitt tells ivan and a smile creeps up on my lips.

"No doubt, sir" Ivan replies.

"You kids make a good couple! " He tells ivan cheerfully with a voice that is clearly audible for people outside the room.

"Yes sir, we make a good team" Ivan replies and i wait for him to say "yes sir, there were many awkward moments between us because of this project" But he stops not continuing the sentence.

"You like her? I can convince her. You know? To like you back"

What the fuck?

"No one can ever love rose, sir" Ivan chuckles and my jaw hangs open.

No one will ever love you, filthy piece of shit!

You think you can pull boys? No!

No boy or no man will ever love you!

You will be left alone while all of your friends will have their partners!

The voices around me fade and my breathing quickens as the words said by my father booms in my ears.

I walk away from Mr. Pitt's office and enter the first room i see and realize it's the library and thank myself because it would've been very embarrassing if it were any class full of students.

Taking the last seat in the room i lay my head down and close my eyes as tears continue to fall.

The ugly memories from my past haunt me everytime I hear anyone talk about me like that.

My phone vibrates in my bag and i wipe my tears off getting up.

I unlock it to find texts from ivan.

Sour patch: where are you?
Sour patch: pitt gave some suggestions for the project.
Me: library

I put the phone away and work on my draft as I see ivan walk towards me in my peripheral vision.

"Hey" I hear him say and watch as he takes a seat beside me.

"Hi"

"So i went to mr. Pitt to talk about-

He stops in midway and i look at him to find him frowning.

" Hey-what happened? Are you crying?"

Ivan places his hand over mine and all i feel is warmth.

I remove my hand away from him and he leans away a bit, confusion evident on his face.

Anger fills in my body at the amount of fakeness this man is showing.

"Am I a horse with a horn on my head? " I ask him.

Tears burn at the back of my eyes.