𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 28

There's always something weird about going to college after you skip it for a day

There's always something weird about going to college after you skip it for a day. The weird stares and the looks. Everyone is looking at me like I completed a 10 year prison trial and came back to start living again.

Entering my class i find no trace of claire Or Aaron. I scream internally at the thought of sitting alone whole day.

Mr Thompson enters the class and smiles at everyone.

The class starts smoothly without any disturbance as Thompson goes onto explain the important topics and areas where we could excel as a architect.

A knock on the door and Mr Thompson stomps on his place.

"Everyone has to disturb my class! " He tells before pausing the video and turning the lights on.

Ivan enters the class silently behind mr dane our HOD of the chemistry department also vice principal of the college.

Without glance in other's direction he looks at me.

Our eyes collide with each other acting like a fuel to the unnecessary tension lighting between us.

"Good evening students! I can see you all are very focused. Keep it up! Just a few more months and you'll never have to get back here"he states and gasps and sharp intakes of breaths are audible.

" Yes, I'm here to announce the commencement of thr final exams for your batch which will be from next week. The schedule and all the other details including the seating arrangements, timings all will be updated by ivan in all the official groups. Keep yourself focused and all the best." Mr dane continues ignoring all the stares.

My eyes never leave ivan, since it was getting too awkward I pass a smile tiny smile at him which was ignored on purpose.

It was not like he didn't see me.

Maybe he doesn't like to associate myself with him?

Here was I, who thought we could be friends after we finally got along together last night but it was me.

Me and only me expecting too high from him who once used my own phobia against me.

But i wouldn't blame him too. Nobody except cal would love to be my friend. Boys in my college only loved girls for their vaginas nothing more, nothing less.

"I'm expecting good result from your batch, especially you, rose dear" Mr dane looks in my direction and i give him my sweet smile pushing away all the thoughts.

"All the best students" Without any other word both of them left with a class full of very sad students.

"Switch off the lights and open up" Mr Thompson announces from the front and all the boys start hooting at him.

"I meant switch off the lights and open up your minds and eyes" He grumbles before stomping over to close the lights for himself.

A laugh escapes my mouth as the class never goes silent after that.

Two hours later, I find myself standing in front of our vice principal for deciding who will be our class representative.

And as fucking always, it was me and ivan who got selected.

"So, who will be the CR this time?" The VC raises his eyebrows looking up at us.

I ain't loosing this position to ivan.

"Of course it will be me sir" I smile at him shifting my bag from one shoulder to another.

I was already so fucking mad at ivan for ignoring my sweet smile earlier.

"No sir, it will be me"

I turn my head and ivan does it too.

We glare at each other with our jaw's set tight.

"Tell me why you both should be selected"

He pulls out his specs and crosses his arms leaning back.

"Sir, I already have experience about how things work and I'm also one of the most trusted students of HOD. I'm intelligent and academically brilliant so I think that makes sense"

I mutter out while my hands shake in anticipation.

"That is the exact same reason I would give sir. The college has always been partial with others when it came to her. They made her the society's president and also incharge for many activities." He shudders out beside me and disbelief fills inside me, seeping through the veins reaching my heart and pumping out hatred for him.

"Just tell why you're good rather than belittling me! " I turn to him and raise my voice and get out of control.

His voice echoes in my ears again and again.

"No I won't. It will definitely be an insult to me because I know what the end result is going to be"

His half lidded eyes make me go insane.

"Sir, just give this position to rose. I'm not interested in doing this shit when all you people do is call me. Put me against her. Then choose her for everything. Just don't let me go through this again. "

He pleads turning to the vice principal who watches him with anger.

"Congratulations, rose. You're the new CR. " He says and then stops again to continue.
"Oh I mean, congratulations to be the CR again"

He walks out on us shutting the glass door with a little more force.

"Fine then. Congratulations" The VC mutters quietly looking at me and I give him a small smile, walking out of the room.

I take a deep breath thinking of the weird feeling inside me. That was the first time I didn't feel happy about achieving something.

I turn my head and start walking when I see ivan sitting on a bench with his elbows on his wide spread knees.

I walk towards him, since that's the only way to get out of the floor.

"Are you okay, callum? "

He looks up upon hearing my voice and rubs the inner corner of his eyes.

"Yes , I am"

He says getting up and jogging towards the exit.

Well, that was rude.

I wait for a few minutes before I resume my walking.