𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 8

Take me to the lake's where all the poets went to die!
~Taylor Swift

Take me to the lake's where all the poets went to die!                                          ~Taylor Swift

"Don't keep it that way claire! oh my god" I groan at claire who is helping me setting up my new home.

Home.

Just a word but has so much depth and understanding to it.

By this time I understood that home is not where you are from. It is a place where you belong to. And these four walls is where I belong.

"What? This is the perfect position" She scowls at me standing on the opposite end of the couch in front of thr big floor to ceiling window in my living room.

"Fine"  I sigh and slump down onn the couch and claire follows beside me

"Fine" I sigh and slump down onn the couch and claire follows beside me.

"I'm so happy for you, rose" She says emtwining our fingers and giving them a squeeze.

Claire's phone rings and she looks over her screen that makes her cheeks warm and my eyebrows hit my hairline.

"I gotta leave" She says standing and picking up her bag and car keys.

"What tonight is our Taylor Swift marathon! You cannot jus back out like that! " I stand beside her holding her arm to my chest.

"I have to be with Aaron right now. Please" She says me giving me a glare.

"Oh" I release her hand and she looks at me confused face.

"It's not- we're not dating rose! You'll be the first person to if thag happens! It's just- different. I'll explain it to you" She tells me and I only give amher a nod biting my lip.

After giving me a hug she leaves and I get back to my room only to find cal inside the covers sleeping in the most comfortable position.

I jump on him and he groans beneath him.

Cal's phone rings and he picks it up and I crawl above him and reach the other side of the bed.

"Fine. If that's what you want. I told you I'm busy with helping rose right now! " He hisses at someone on the other side of the phone .

"Whatever helps you sleep at night! " He yells and hangs up the phone.

"What the fuck? Who was it? " I ask him getting under the cover.

"Soniya" He says rolling in his stomach and my eyes widen in shock.

"Why would you talk to her like that? " I ask him trying to see his face.

He mumbles some incoherent words that I was unable to make out so I get up taking my phone in my hand and connect it to my Bluetooth speaker on the window seat near the bed.

I type the name of the song and increase the volume. And get ready to scream my lungs out.

'You're on your phone with your girlfriend she's upset! Shes going off about something that you've said....

I start singing along the lyrics and cal gets up from his position and leans his head on his one hand.

Stepping up on the bed I pull him above and we both stand on the bed now.

'She wears short skirts, I wear t shirts.
She's cheer captain and I'm on the bleachers"

Cal joins me in the screaming contest and takes my hand in his and spins me around on the bed.

'You belong with me'

Cal covers his ears with his hands on my screams and picks me up bridal style and spins around with me still in his arms.

We fall on the bed with a loud thud as cal looses his balance and I fall on his stomach when he is on his back.

We both groan together and lay there together with dim lights. Late nights nothing but just comfortable silence and peace lingering in between us.

"I think dating soniya was a mistake" Cal says snapping me out of my trance and I get up on my elbow beside him.

"What do you mean? " Upon asking him he copies my position and bites his nails.

"I mean. She's always avoiding me. Comparing me to other friends of her especially that boy who is..... Beck. She's always hanging out with him. It's not like I have a problem with her having a male best friend but she's always coming back with tousled hair and plump lips whenever they're together." He explains and my jaw hangs open especially on the last part.

"Did you ask her about it? " I ask him softly and he looks at me with a smile that is not a smile.

"No.and I never will. If she is not cheating on me the it will spoil our relationship. If she is there will be one time when truth will come out in open by itself" He says laying back again with a sigh.

I feel bad for him because he always puts his 100% efforts in any relationship. Always puts the other person first and always cares for others.

"Oh cal! I wish I could help" I state as he rubs his palms on his eyes.

It's one if his way to hide his tears.

"Let's order takeout! " I jump up from my position to announce our all nighter.

Movie marathons and sky gazing. Because we cannot see stars new fucking York.

The night goes by and then there's chaos again.