𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 47

The first thing I do when I reach home is feed lulu. Even though I fill her extra large bowl of food, she gets hungry seeing more food.

She's just like me.

Done petting her, I take a quick shower and leave for college since I'm already late.

I spot cal and claire standing with a few other people in a group and I look around but ivan is nowhere to be seen.

My phone vibrates in my hand and my heart beat picks up when I see a text from him.

Sour patch: where the fuck are you?
Me: college:)
Sour patch: don't ever sneak out again like that.
Me:???

He leaves my message unanswered. I did leave without telling him but I didn't sneak out. I kind of did. I still wasn't ready to face him after the last night.

I walk towards cal and claire and they turn their heads towards Me and their faces visibly relaxes.

Both of them march in my direction and stop directly in front of me with their eyes narrowed to slits.

My own eyebrows rise in question.

"Almost 17 hours of ghosting us. Care to explain? " Cal asks, his tone firm but it doesn't really bother me.

" I was at Ivan's " I blurt out and their faces twist in what looked like a mixture of confusion and disgust.

"Ivan's? How did you get there?" Claire is questioning me this time.

"Ivan's mom asked me to come over after the party and I got bored so I walked to his place" I tell them looking away because I know what's coming for me.

"You walk to his home in the middle of a fucking night and that too alone? " A low growl comes out of Cal's throat when I don't respond to that question.

"I knew you were dumb but this dumb rose? Seriously? You would've asked me and I would've dropped you! " He breathes out an exasperated expression.

"It's okay now. She's not a teenager, cal. You don't have to yell at her like that" Claire glares at cal for using that tone to me.

I'm kind of hurt that they first left me alone last night. And now they're questioning me like it is all my fault.

"Rose, you don't seem fine to me. Are you alright? "

"Yeah" My voice comes out croaked and choppy as I'm on the verge of breaking down.

"Ivan confessed last night"

A flash of a smile passes Claire's face. A kind of smile one gives when they predicted and it turns out to be right.

"Confessed what? " Cal brows scrunched together.

"That he wants us to be together and he likes me and i might have said him some things"

"No way. Don't tell me rose"

Ignoring him, I continue.

"I told him I liked him too"

A layer of blush coats my cheeks and I feel the heat Radiating from them.

"Oh my god! " Claire pulls me into a hug, squeezing the life out of me.

That was the first time I saw her dance like that, in the middle of the campus. She rarely showed any emotions and when she did, I brought tears to my eyes, every time.

I tell her all the details from the last night and all she did was fan herself with her hand telling me how hot Ivan was to tell me he cannot get enough of me.