𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 31

The moment we reach Ivan's house we are greeted with a beautiful couple already waiting for us at the door with two kids who look like they are forced to wait.

"Oh god" Ivan mutters getting out of the car and I get out too.

Their grin expand as we walk closer to them and my face automatically breaks into a smile looking at them.

The lady with thick brown hair, piercing blue eyes looks like she is in her mid forties waves her hand at me, and I wave back in order to not make it awkward.

"Hello" I greet them once I step on the porch of their home and she pulls me into a hug.

"Hello, darling" She says squeezing me a little to harder.

"Heard so much about you. I was so excited-

" Mom"

Ivan cuts her off and a pout forms on the woman's beautiful face.

"Don't you mom me today, Ivan. Let me meet her! " She exclaims happily.

I glance at the two kids standing in front of me who are ready to runaway any moment.

Ria smiles brightly at me while remi rolls his big blue eyes earning a chuckle from me. He is exactly like Ivan.

After knowing what these three siblings went through, my heart cries for them. No child in this world ever deserves to get abandoned.

"Thank you mrs. Callum" I tell her sweetly and she squeezes my hand between two of hers.

"Isabel, please. And this is my husband kyle" Circling her other hand through her husband's hand she introduces us.

"Hello, sir"

"No, call me kyle please, I'm not that old. People won't even guess that I'm a dad to three of them by-

" Dad!! " Ivan intercepts in between again and I turn to look at him.

"Let's get inside" Breaking the silence isabel leads me to the same living room we sat in a few days ago and we all get seated.

The room is filled with awkward silence. I look down at the carpet as if it is the best thing I've ever seen while Ivan converses with his parents through his eyes and mouthing words that I pretty clear from my peripheral vision.

"Rose, darling. You want something to eat? To drink? " Isabel questions me and I shake my head smiling.

"No! I'm just here to discuss a few things with Ivan" I tell them lifting one shoulder and dropping it.

Why do I get so awkward when I meet someone new?

"My parents get a bit over excited when they meet someone new, don't mind" Ivan whispers beside me and I turn to look at him.

"Yeah? Thankfully they aren't sour patches like you" I whisper back to him and he nudges me with his knee.

Without our skins touching each other, a bolt if energy is sent through my body in response even though there are layers of clothing in between us.

"Mom, can you please get us coffee. Rose is getting late and we have a shit ton of work to do" Ivan announces and his dad laughs.

"No cursing around my babies, Ivan" Warning him, isabel leaves and kyle takes his phone out recording ria braiding  her doll's hair. That's nowhere close to a braid.

"Wow! Such a good girl! Look here" We watch as he takes takes her pictures in weird angles.

The love kyle and isabel has for three of them left me in awe, because many parents who give birth to their children leave them so that they grow up on their own, without a ounce of shame and here they are accepting someone else's kids as their own and loving them more than anything.