𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 9

He got that boyish look, that I like in a man.
~Taylor Swift

A knock on the door startles me as I try to focus on my work

The door opens with a creak and reveals my biggest cheerleader and my favorite person.

"Having a hard time, levine? " Ivan's deep voice sends my body into another world.

I look up from the laptop and throw a mocking smile at him.

"No, I was having a really good day. Until now" I scowl at him and watch as he stealthily walks and sits in front of me.

"My proposal of tear gas is still open for you, you know" He says shrugging casually and my brows pinch in irritation.

"Listen, imagine yourself into some other country where you are trying to fight for your fucking rights and the authorities releasing tear gas on you! " I snap at him and he raises his single brow at me.

"Do you like.. Need a hug? " He asks me with the most innocent face one can ever put on.

"Is everything a joke to you? " I ask him as anger builts inside me.

"I'm trying to work here okay? Please if you want to show the HOD that you too had a part in this then I'll handle him. Now please leave me alone. " Going back to my mails I check if there is some response to my mails by the afro American Society.

On going through all of them I finally find one that has a link attached. I open the link to find a bank statement that states that the money for the accommodation of students have been sent and the students will have a job for them soon.

A smirk streches on my lips as re read the mail again.

"So you finally got a lover? " Ivan asks me and snaps me out of my trance.

Narrowing my eyes I close my laptop and and stand from my seating position.

Ivan's gaze roams around the area of my collar bone that is visible. And the room suddenly becomes hot and i supress my urge to remove my oversized shirt that i wore above the white tank top.