𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 16

Did you have to hit me where I'm weak?
Baby, I couldn't breathe and rub it in so deep!
~Taylor Swift

Did you have to hit me where I'm weak? Baby, I couldn't breathe and rub it in so deep! ~Taylor Swift

For rose,

A 10 minute speech in front of all the students present here.

Ivan's beautiful cursive scrawl on the thick offwhite piece of paper glares back at me.

My hands start shaking and i shiver at the thought of a speech.

Looking up from the paper in my hand cal smiles widely at me showing his thumbs. While claire and Aaron blow kisses and xavier just watches me with a smile.

I move my gaze from my friends to Ivan who is watching me with a smirk on his face.

Do you have any phobia?

I recall the night when he had a panic attack.

His words replay in my mind continuously and blood rushes to my brain making me feel nauseous.

"What did Ivan challenge you with? " Ms river's voice snaps me out of my trance and my voice is stuck on my throat.

"10 minute speech" My voice comes out shaky and Ivan's smirk streches even more.

My hatred for him increased and feels like it is getting mixed with blood and is flowing through my body doubling every passing second.

"Do you accept the challenge Ms rose? " She asks me.

Never leaving the eye contact with Ivan I speak.

"Yes"

Not thinking about the consequences of what will happen if I breakdown in the middle of my speech but I take it As a blow to my ego because he hurt me and broke my trust.

"I'll go with something I'm good at. My topic will be strategy planning for students"

Holding the mic with one hand and crumbling the paper in my other fist I start with my speech.

There were a few panic moments in between when words got stuck in my throat.

Looking at cal all the time made me feel better.

Slowly all four of them leave seeing my condition.

by the end and i leave the stage with a heaving chest and a blurry sight.

"Hey hey it's okay" Two strong arms come around me pulling me to them and i force open my eyes to see xavier standing with his hands on my shoulders.

Not wanting to show him my weaker side I manage to let my voice come out.

"Can you call cal? " My voice almost comes out as a whisper.

"Yeah, I will. Come here" He says pulling me to him and draping his leather jacket to me.