Chicken nuggets and fries (Chapter 3)

Nash p.o.v.

It is after school but me and Cam are still here chilling. We are outside laying under a tree with Cam in between my legs.

Cam and I have been best friends since before pre school. We have always been close, so close that some people thought we were a couple. We would do a few coupley things but I never thought anything about it. Now I know that I acted like that because I like Cam in a romantic way.

When Cam told me he was gay for some reason I felt happy. I didn't understand why though. After he told me nothing really changed between us. We would still cuddle when he had a nightmare, he would still sit on my lap when there wasn't enough chairs, we would still hold hands whenever we were in crowds and I didn't want him to get lost, nothing changed.

The only thing that would change though was my jealousy. Whenever I would see him talking to another guy I would get really jealous and start doing things to make them think we were a couple. Like grab his waist from behind, hold his hand, or call him babe. To us this is normal so he would never say anything. I never got jealous when he was dating girls but maybe that was because some part of me knew he was gay and that the relationship wouldn't work out. I found out that I liked him when I saw skate flirting with him and I blew up at him. That's when I realized that I want him to be mine.

"...babe....babe" I hear somebody say and I get pulled out of my thoughts. I look at the source if the voice and see Cam looking at me.

"Hammy are you okay," he asks me. I love it when he uses that name for me. I usually hate my first name--Hamilton--but I like it when he calls me Hammy.

"I'm alright Lexi," I tell him. I started calling him that when I found out his middle name is Alexander but he doesn't mind.

"What were you thinking about," he asks.

"Well Cam ...I was wondering ....if you ....would like to...accompany me on...da--" I get cut off by scream. We both turn and see Shawn running towards us.

"Cammy help me," he screams. Cam immediately stands up and looks at Shawn worriedly.

"What's wrong," Cam asked.

"Well Taylor is looking for me so he can take me somewhere on a forced date. I tried to get away but his friends Jack, Carter, and Jacob are also chasing me," he tells Cam.

"Shawn it's not a date. Our professor wants to meet you. She is really nice and you don't have to worry. Everybody in the school has met her at least once so don't stress," I tell Shawn. I don't know why she wants to meet Shawn though. She usually meets the whole family in their home and not at the institute. She also told us to protect Shawn like we do with JJ, Lia, Mahogany, and Cam but I still don't know why.

"Then why doesn't somebody else take me," he asks.

"Well because most of us have an after school activity. Carter, Jack, and I have sports and Jacob has something to do with band. Since Taylor is new he still doesn't have an after school activity so he is taking you there. Actually I think it's time for me to get to practice so bye Shawn, bye babe ," I say and give a kiss on the cheek to Cam and wave to Shawn before I go to practice.

Shawn p.o.v

After I see Nash leave I turn to Cam and give him a knowing look. "Babe?" I ask.

"Shut up. We say that to each other all the time," Cam tells me.

"Ya ya. Now help me hide from Tay," I tell him.

"Tay?"

"Oh shut up."

"Sorry Shawn can't help you. Kira just wants to meet you," he tells me. He then smiles and looks behind me. Before I can turn around I feel a pair of arms around my waist. I'm now trapped. Crud.