The sticky notes (Chapter 6)

Shawn p.o.v.

The ride to the institute wasn't bad. Taylor and I kept on talking..well more like Taylor was talking and I was listening. It was getting really hard not to have feelings for him. He was brave, funny, sexy as hell, and kind.

"So...what are we doing here or at least me," Matt asked. Oh I almost forgot he was here too. We found him in the parking lot waiting for school to be over so Cam could drive him to their house. Ms.Reyes told him to come with us and he was like what the hell why not.

"I have to introduce you to someone. Somebody with similar...gifts as you. I also want to hear why you really came here," Ms.Reyes says. What does she mean why he's really here?

Before I can ask we reach a gate. I can't see what's passed the gate because there are so many trees blocking the way. All I can see is a road. Ms.Reyes puts in a pin and slides a card on a machine that connects with the gate.

The gate opens and we start driving to what looks like a forest. We drive for 5 minutes when we finally get out of the forest and I see a huge ass mansion and a ton of other buildings away from it. It looks like I'm in some sort of lab thing with tons of buildings for experiments.

"Woah," Matt and I whisper. Taylor comes closer to me and whispers, "mine is bigger." Yeah that's true. The house he lived in at our other town was huge and he said that was their little one because his parents said they didn't want him to be spoiled.

We walked into the mansion and Ms.Reyes ask,"so Matt when was the last time you met your sister Winter?" Why is she asking about Winter? I remember her. She was always nice and sweet and caring. What really stood out about her was her hair. When she was 12 her hair started to turn from black to white. Soon after her whole hair turned completely white she ran away from home. Matt and I were 9 at the time so we didn't understand what was going on.

"I haven't talked to her in almost 9 years," Matt tells her sadly. "Oh, I'm sorry to hear that," she says. "Taylor could you and Shawn leave us a moment," Ms.Reyes asks. We shake our heads and she takes Matt to another room and we go upstairs.

Matt p.o.v.

"Matt why are you really here," Ms.Reyes asks as we sat down on the couches in the den. I know she won't believe me if I lie. "The H.P.S. found me. I saw them at my house when I was driving home one day. I had already packed a lot of my things incase something like this happened," I tell her.

"What happened next? I need to know exactly what happened so I can check if they've tracked you down," she tells me. "Will you hand me over to them," I ask. She shakes her head no. "I would never do that. I know what they do and I absolutely do not agree with it."

"Okay. Well I bought a plane ticket to Russia under my name and gave it to my friend Jimmy who has the same hair,eye,and skin color as me and is the same height and weight as me. I then took a taxi to the bus station and took the bus and train station to get here. I was actually coming here because I heard some mutants were coming to this county."

"What about your phone and credit card?"

"I got a burner phone and gave Jimmy my debt and credit card. I also gave him a note and a video that says I gave him permission to use them in case the authorities come looking for him. I haven't used any social media except for snapchat to somewhat warn Shawn that I was coming by showing him the Starbucks in this city. Only Shawn knows that is my private account. I didn't want to text him or call him because I didn't want them to connect us together."

"Wow. I'm impress," she tells me. "Well me and a friend planned it," I tell her. I didn't say Shawn because I didn't want her to know he's a mutant incase she is lying.