A Funny Weird (Chapter 20)

1 month later

Shawn p.o.v.

It's already been a month since all of us moved in. It was rough at first, but after a while we started getting use to it. Even the two gangs are starting to somewhat get along and by that I mean they're not trying to kill each other.

Today is the first day of fall break and tomorrow is Tristen's birthday. We're going to celebrate it over at Cam's house, since it's the biggest, but it's a surprise party for him. Tristen thinks we're going over just to hangout. It's a costume party and since Halloween just passed it's perfect timing. I'm making some pastelitos for the party right now with Luke and Tristen. Tristen was helping me with the dough while Luke would fries them.

Taylor was at football practice and Ashton was at work, so we wouldn't see them till 5, an hour before the party. Taylor and Ashton seem to be getting along better. Probably for the sake of Luke's and I's friendship.

"Shawnie," Tristen asks.

I turn over to him. "Yeah what's up?"

"My tummy feels weird," he tells me.

"Do you have a tummy ache."

He shakes his head no and and rubs his belly. "It feels weird here." I frown, not understanding what he means. I touch his belly and feel something strong and kind of glassy. When I remove my hand, he lifts up his shirt and I gasp. Part of his stomach is made up of a crystal.

"Oh my god," I yell. Looking at his stomach. "Does it hurt Tris?"

"Not really. It just feel funny, but not funny haha, but funny weird."

"Luke," I call. "Did you draw something?" Luke frowns at me and shakes his. I use my finger to gesture him to come closer. When he sees Tristen he gasps too.

"I-is s-something wrong with me," Tristen stutters out. I see him trembling as he looks at us. His eyes are full of tears. He's scared.

I hug him to calm him down. "No honey, you're fine. Lukey and I are just a worried of what caused," I say.

"It's okay. It will disappear like always," Tristen says. Always?

"Has this happened before?"

He nods his head. I feel his crystal belly disappear as I hug him. "You see? Gone"

We then hear a knock on the door. I looks over to Luke and he shrugs his shoulders. I tell Tristen and Luke to go to the other room, so I can answer it. When I open the door I'm greeted to Ms. Reyes. We haven't seen her in weeks. "Ms. Reyes? What are you doing here," I ask.

"I got a call. May I come in?"

"Yeah sure." I get out of the way and open the door more. She walks in and goes to the living room. I lock the door and follow her. When I get a longer look at her, I realize she looks different. She usually looks so elegant and fancy, but now she looks...well normal. She is wearing jeans and a teal shirt with a white under shirt. Her hair is up in a pony tail and she only has little bit of makeup on.

"Shawn I got a call from Jc today. He says that Brent has been feeling weird abnormalities in this apartment complex. Would you care to explain," she asks. She sits down on one of the couches.

Abnormalities? What does he mean by that? He can only sense mutants, so what abnormality could he be talking about. The only different thing in the mutant department is...Tristen. "What do you mean exactly," I ask.