What kind of complications (Chapter 14)

Taylor p.o.v.

When we got to the institute the professor had everything ready and had all the students either leave or go to sleep. She didn't want Shawn to wander off and find somebody using their powers. I don't get why though, because he seemed pretty okay with Matt and the others being mutants.

Right now we are waiting outside the lab for the surgery to be over. Brent was losing a lot of blood, but other than that he was fine. Andrea would've called her friends, but they didn't have their cell phones. Sammy broke his and Dillion left his at the house. They wouldn't go home either, because it's on the other side of town, and it would take them too long.

"Taylor can we talk in private," Shawn ask.

"Yeah sure," I say while motioning him to follow me. We walk quietly to the sunroom and I close the door. When I turn the first thing he says is, "You know." Know? Know about what?

"What," I ask.

"You know about mutants don't you? I saw the way you reacted. You looked too calmed for somebody who just found out that people have super powers."

I'm about to argue when I see Shawn give me the look. "Yes," I sigh out. "Carter and the Dolan twins are mutants too. When I got here I found out," I half lie.

I don't want Shawn to tell the others about the guys and me being mutants, so I just tell him the people that Matt knows are mutants. It's not like I don't trust Shawn with my secret its just that I don't want him to hate me. Unlike Matt I have abused my powers. I used my affection mutation to become popular in middle school. I stopped using it though when I realized my "friends" were only using me. I was still somewhat popular though, because in high school I got tattoos and got into a couple of fights. I was labeled as the Badboy.

"Taylor what if I--," Shawn gets cut off by a knock on the door that leads to the outside. We both frown. Who would be here in the middle of the night?

I motion Shawn to stay back as I walk to the door. I slowly open the door as I get ready to throw whoever is out there into the air if they try something. When it's open I see a guy with brown hair and brown eyes. He's wearing a beanie, tank top and some shorts. It's not really cold, but it is a little chilly and the guy seems to not be affected.

"Is Ms. Reyes here," the guy asks kind of looking panicked.

"Yeah. Are you okay man," I asks.

"Get me Ms. Reyes I need her right now."

"Okay come on in." I grab He walks in and I grab Shawn. I don't want a total stranger around him. If he was going to steal something or wanted hurt us the sensors would detect him.

3rd p.o.v.

Kyra walks into the sunroom and shuts the doors behind her. "What do you want Jc," she asks. Jc looked at her and said, "I saw H-Heather." Kyra eyes go wide.

"Jc she's dead we both saw her fall," Kyra says sternly.

"We never saw her body land and we never found her body."

"Nobody could have survived. Plus the explosion would have destroyed her anyway."

"Kyra it was her and...she was with Lance," Jc says hesitantly. Kyra couldn't believe this. Two people from her past that were supposedly dead working together especially since they were enemies. "I saw them. I couldn't recognize them at first, but it was them. Lance is posing as a police officer."

"How do you know he's a cop?"

"I followed the police back to the station to see if they caught anybody from my gang. When I walked in I saw a gothic looking girl and a cop talking. I didn't think anything of it till I heard them mention your name. That's when I payed more attention and recognized them," he tells her.