My American asshole (Chapter 15)

Taylor p.o.v.

"Who's next," Brent asked.

I was too nervous about Shawn to speak, so Andrea spoke first, "How about Dillon? After that we can try Sammy and Skate since they're together."

"Yeah find all your friends and then overpowers me. Ha. I don't think so," Jc says. "We'll find Sam or Ashton first and then it will be more equal."

"No way. You already got Luke, so that isn't fair," Kian argues.

"You guys have three. As soon as you don't need me anymore you're going to stop helping me."

"You can do the same to us after we find your friends."

The four of them start arguing about who they should find first and what not. I just zone them out and think about Shawn. His angelic smile, his cute giggle, that blush that makes you want to hug him and never let go. I smile thinking about him.

He was cold and forgot to bring a jacket, so I gave him my leather one. He looked really cute in it. He always looked nice wearing my clothes.

I get brough out of thought when I hear my phone ring. I take it out of my pocket and see it's Nash. Wonder what he's calling about. "Hello," I answer.

"Hey, sorry to bother you, but do you know where Shawn is," he asks kind of nervously.

"Sort of. Why?"

"Well Lia called Jack and Jack told me that Cam and JJ left the house really late." Why would they leave in the middle of the night. There is no party that I know of tonight, so where did they go. "Where are you? It sounds like people are arguing behind you," Nash tells me.

I was about to yell at the guys to shut up when I see the map. No. Did they? "Nash, come down here. I'm in a medical room. Room 108," I tell him.

"Okay why?"

"Just do it," is all I say before hanging up. I walk to the arguing people and yell, "shut up!" They all immediately quite it down. "Good. Now Brent you said you can tell if somebody is a mutant or no right?"

"Yeah. Why," he asks. I know this may be an invasion of privacy, but I need to know if my suspicions are correct.

"Is Shawn a mutant?" I have suspecting this since I overheard Matt's and Shawn's conversation. At first I thought they could have been just talking about Matt, but then why would he want me not to go? He could be using his powers to help Matt and being there could help.

"You know Shawn asked me the same thing," he tells me. My eyes go wide. Oh shit.

"W-what did you tell him?" Is this why he didn't want me to come? Is he scared of me? Does he hate me?

My face must have showed my worried, because Brent says, "relax dude." He chuckles. "I told him the same thing I will tell you. If you were in his shoes would you want a total stranger to tell you your boyfriends secret." I smirk a little thinking about how Shawn would have reacted to the boyfriend part.

"Fine. I understand," I sigh. "But can you tell me if there are other mutants around Matt? I just want to make sure they're safe." This may tell me if JJ and Cam are also mutants. If he says two then it must be them and they must be mutants.

He nods and closes his eyes. It takes him a while, but soon he frowns. "I sense 5 mutants that aren't Luke or Matt," he tells us. 5? They must not be mutants then, unless they have 3 other mutant friends.

"Uh Taylor," I hear Nash say angrily from behind me. I turn and see Nash in the doorway holding Dillon over his head like it was nothing. "What is this asshole doing here?" How the hell did he get in here? Well one less person to find.