Forth

I was abit stunned by Pha's call. I actually didn't expect him to call. Maybe, just maybe there is some good to him after all.

I used the time to complete my lab work before heading out to meet the boys for drinks at the bar. I saw Kit, Beam and the rest. I casually asked Beam on where Pha was but he said Pha opted out as he still wasn't too well and his fever was just getting higher. Beam did nag that he refused to go see a doctor and just wanted to self medicate.

I frowned at how stupid this Pha was being. I decided I had to drag him to a doctor even if he was pissed at me. I left the bar quietly as the boys were caught up in their own conversations. I made my way to Pha's place and knocked on his door. A few seconds later, Pha opened the door, looking quite forlorn and weary. He was also quite red in the face.

"Lets go."

"Huh? Where? Why are you here? Aren't you guys drinking tonight?"

"They are. I'm not. I came to bring, wait drag you to the doctor."

"Ah Forth, that's not necessary. I.."

"Don't even try. I know you are a doctor. You know what's best but clearly you aren't taking your own advice because you are still unwell and your advice sucks. So you are following me to the doctor and even if I have to fight you on this, I will. I know you don't think much of me so it's ok. I don't care if your impression of me worsens further. But you still being sick is not making me feel comfortable and I can't stand seeing people I know unwell and not healthy."

Pha kept quiet and was stunned. He just nodded after a bit and that surprised me. I thought I was going to have to fight him on this. He pulled on a jacket and grabbed his wallet. I drove over to the local Gp, waited it out with him, brought him for dinner and then sent him back home.

We got back to his dorm around 9pm and I made him take his medicine. As he was showering to get ready for bed, I prepared a jug of warm water, his bed with blankets and kept his phone on silent mode so he could get a proper rest. Pha came out to this set up and was just quiet.

"I be off then. Rest well ok?"

Pha just looked at me quietly and nodded. I took off and went back to my dorm. The boys realized I had gone missing and texted me but I didn't reply and they assumed that I had met someone for the night. They just whooped in the group chat but I didn't say anything.

The next day, I was at the canteen doing my work around lunch when a plate of food was placed on my table. I looked up to see Beam grinning away at me. "What's this for?"

"Not from me. From Pha. He said thank you for yesterday. Why didn't you just tell me?"

"Because I know I will have to deal with this stupid shit eating grin from you. I just wanted to make sure he is OK. He was shitty yesterday."

"I know. And he's incredibly stubborn. I'm glad you managed to get him to listen to you. How did you do it?"

I just shrugged and filled Beam in on what I said. He laughed endlessly. He said Pha was still recovering but wanted to say thank you so he got lunch for me. I nodded and texted Pha thanks and had it. Beam spent part of his break with me and we chatted away gaily until he had to leave. Just as he left, Lam walked in. He just saw Beam leaving who didn't see him and his expression changed when he thought Beam was ignoring him.

"He's not ignoring you, you idiot. He just didn't see you."

"I wasn't worried about that. I just..."

"You know. You could just get to know him and all that jazz. He's a really nice guy who's just flirtatious by nature but he really likes you alot."

"I don't like him."

"Keep telling yourself that Lam."

Lam grunted and went to buy his lunch and I just grinned. Just then Pha's message flitted in, expressing a thumbs up at my thank you and was sharing on how he was feeling since I had asked. His fever was still ongoing but he had an intense craving for vanilla ice cream and that he was thinking of buying it. I told him to stay put and rest.

Privately, I finished off my lunch and disappeared again, going off to buy the ice cream for him and I delivered it to him. He was stunned to see me but I had no time to chat as I had to run off to classes.

But if I had stopped to register his expression for a bit, I would have realized Pha was starting to be swayed by my kindness.

Funnily, Beam and I didn't realise then but the impossibilities were starting to be a wee possible. A wee, slowly but surely.