Forth

I was on the way to my dorm when Pha called me.

"Hey, Kit and I are heading to the bar. Do you want to join us?"

"Ah, no. Not in the mood to drink. Whom you going with?"

"Kit and me only. Its been long since we spent time together. I did ask Beam but he wasn't in the mood."

"Just the two of you? Will you be fine?"

"Yes Forth. Of course. I am quite capable of taking care of myself and Kit, you know."

I chuckled. He wasnt the daddy of the group for no reason.

"All rights, stay safe. Anything call me. I can come pick you guys up if needed ok?"

Pha agreed and hung up. I went back, got a shower, was smoking when a call came in from Beam.

"Beam? What's up?"

"Forth! We have to go to the Tipsy Dive Bar immediately. A fight broke out between Pha and one of the guys there. Kit just called me. The fight is escalating!"

What the fuck. I grabbed a jacket and flew there practically. I got there the same time as Beam and Lam. When we got there, Kit was desperately trying to stop but there was a fierce fight brewing between Pha and another guy. I immediately recognised him as one of the seniors from the Science department.

"Hey what's going on?"

Pha and Kit swirled around at my voice and the senior used that opportunity to punch Pha, sending him flying straight into my arms.

"Pha! Are you ok?!?"

Pha looked up at me, blood streaming from his mouth but he nodded citing he was ok. I held onto Pha and wanted to go punch the senior back but Pha held me back.

"Don't. Don't do it please."

"What's happening! Why are you fighting with him?" Beam's icy voice rang out, stopping everyone in their tracks. The question was meant for the senior. I was abit stunned by Beam's change in demeanour. I had never seen this side of him before. Lam held onto Beam but Beam just shrugged it off and walked towards the senior.

What's happening! Why are you fighting with him? Don't make me repeat myself."

The senior glared at Beam and was about to just ignore him but seeing me and Lam in the background; he picked his battles. He said that he caught Pha flirting with his girlfriend and so wanted to stop that which ended up in a fight as Pha insisted he didn't flirt with his girlfriend.

"God damn it, I'm telling the fucking truth. Your girlfriend is my fucking junior. I don't see her as anything more than a Nong."

The senior told him to fuck off and to stop lying. Pha got so mad that he just screamed, "I'm fucking gay for God's sake. I don't like her at all you idiot. I like someone else and it's a damn guy! HAPPY?!"

Everyone gasped when they heard that. I let go of Pha when i heard that too. Pha turned to look at me and the fact that I had taken my arms away.

Pha's confession caused such a stir and buzz that no one paid attention to Pha and me. Me taking his hand away from Pha, at that moment, even I couldn't explain why I did that but that was such a wrong move as Pha felt alienated. He stepped away from that spot and turned to go out.

Beam and Kit ran after him but Pha shrugged them off and got into a cab. Lam and I ran out only to find out that Pha had disappeared.

"Why did you take your hands off him Forth?"

"I... I don't know why I did that. I was just stunned by his confession. I.. I didn't think Pha was gay.."

"Does it matter if he's gay or not? Shouldn't it matter that we be there for him no matter what because he's a friend to us?"

"I.. shit.. I'm going to go look for him."

I instantly took off, going straight to his dorm. His lights were on and so I knew he was home. But Pha didn't open the door at all despite my repeated calls and knocks.

Shit. I had blown this spectacularly. Ah fuck.