Forth

I was having lunch with Pha when Park texted me.

Mother fucking Ayan! I filled Pha in and we raced to the bubble tea shop where Ming was having a full go at Ayan. Park was trying to stop him but in his anger, Ming had actually punched Park. Park knew it was impossible to get Ming to listen so he called me and Pha.

Pha came straight over and before I could even react, Pha had slapped Ayan! Smack! That stopped everyone in their tracks, Ming included. Ming just looked at Pha befuddled for a minute and Park used that opportunity to drag him away. Ayan was about to lose it at Pha when I stepped up.

"You want to lose it when you are already at fault? Think twice and especially so before you think of losing it at this guy. He's mine and I don take too well to people losing it on him." I placed an arm around Pha as I said it softly. Ayan looked at me, gulped silently and took a step back.

Pha didn't say anything but turned to go over to Ming who was still seething. "Lets go" he told Ming who shook his head stubbornly and refused to listen.

Smack! Pha slapped Ming once too. What the fuck?! I stared dumbfounded. Ming was stunned and looked at Pha and then just broke down crying. Pha took him in his arms and just hugged him tightly whispering something. Park was stunned and just moved away. Pha then took Ming and they walked away, leaving me and Park to stare at both of them in silence.

"Aren't you coming?" Pha turned to ask us and we both hurried after them. It was a silent ride back home as Ming was sent by Park whilst I brought Pha with me on my bike.

Once we reached Ming's dorm, Ming just went to the balcony. Pha followed him and locked the door on us. Park and I just sat outside, like a pair of lost puppies waiting for our masters. I looked at Park who had a red bruised left cheek.

"That must have been a hard one."

"What do you think?"

"What exactly happened?"

Park filled me in and I grew angrier and angrier. I stood up deciding to go beat this Ayan up myself when I heard Pha's voice ring out, "Don't even think of it. Don't make the situation worse than it is.  Let it be."

I turned to look at Pha who glared at me. I just grinned and turned back to Park who just whispered "chicken Forthie"

I nearly jumped on Park but held myself back knowing Pha will kill me for it. Pha came over and tapped Park on the shoulder motioning him to go to Ming. He nodded and disappeared into the balcony.

"Let's go. We have no more work here. Park will look after him."

"Pha.. but Ming.."

"He will be fine. Trust me. And Park is here. He just needs Park. He doesn't realise it now but he will. Come. Let's go."

I nodded and we went off. As I walked down with Pha, I couldn't help but look at him admiringly. Who even knew this fellow was so capable of standing up for his friends and so cool whilst going about it.

Shit la, my stupid heart was going boom boom.

Fuck my life.