Lam

I offered to send Kit and Beam home but Kit waved off my offer, citing that Yo was coming by to pick him up. True enough, Yo turned up. He took his leave and both he and Beam agreed to go check in on Pha later on as they knew he needed his space to breathe.

I offered to send Beam home. It was a quiet fitful ride and there was still overflowing tension from the situation earlier. I had never seen that side of Beam so far and it had chilled me a bit.

I stopped at Beam's dorm and he got off. "Thank you for sending me home. I will see you around."

I grabbed his hand. "Will you be ok alone? I can stay over if you want."

"That is fine. I be ok. Don't worry."

"Beam.. are you sure, please. Let me just.. "

"It's fine Lam. I'm fine. Just go home. Be safe. Bye."

I watched as Beam walked off. I instantly knew he was pissed not only with the senior from that Science department but disappointed with Forth in how he acted towards Pha. And it was making me feel like he rather draw away from me now than ever find himself in the same situation as Pha. Any other day and I wouldn't have minded him moving away from me but now, suddenly it didn't seem right.
I didn't want him moving away from me. I wanted him to know I was going to be there for him no matter what.

I parked my bike and went up to his room. A couple of knocks later and Beam opened the door.

"Lam.."

"I'm not Forth. Or that senior. Or any other confused idiots. I'm very sure of what I'm doing and why. Please don't think of me the same way."

"Lam.. its not that.. you know.. I don't.."

"I know you don't. And what you are feeling right now is just in the moment. But I don't want it to cause any rifts between us. Let me be here for you tonight please."

Beam looked at me and nodded, albeit a little tearfully. I stepped in and just grabbed him in a tight hug, soothing him. He held on back, just letting loose in my arms.

I went in and closed the door, leaning against it as I held onto Beam who still held on tightly.

"I follow you to see Pha later. Even if he doesn't want to see me, I wait outside for you, all right?"

Beam nodded. We finally pulled away and Beam gave me a towel and some clothes so I could shower and change whilst he got into bed. Once I was done, I got into bed. I turned to look at him and he was lying on his left side away from me. I moved in closer to him and took him in my arms. He turned towards me and nestled his head on my chest.

"I'm sorry for how Forth reacted. He's a good fellow, just stupid at times. But he's a good man."

"I know. I know him so well. I just..haix.. its just that.."

I held onto Beam as he just fell silent, unable to formulate his thoughts further.

"Just sleep first ok? Maybe a good night rest is what everyone needs."

Beam nodded. He offered to sleep on his side so it be comfortable for me but I shushed him and held onto him. For some reason, him sleeping in my arms made perfect sense and I didn't hate it. We both fell asleep in that position till about 8am in the morning. Beam must have woken up first for I heard him mutter, "Thank you for being so kind Lam." and he kissed me softly on my cheek before moving out of bed to go shower. I only opened my eyes after I had heard the bathroom door close.

That kiss didn't put me off and neither did that thank you. In fact, oddly I was craving more. Fuck. I closed my eyes as the revelation hit me. I was falling for this fellow, wasn't I?