Pha

I just looked at the vanilla ice cream in my hand. All I did was mention it and Forth actually went to get it for me. If this was Beam or Kit, they would have scolded me for having ice cream when I was sick. But sometimes all I craved was something sweet and cold. Just then the phone rang, shit speak of the devil! It was Beam!

"What are you doing? Resting I hope."

"I am. I just wanted to have a snack."

"Not vanilla ice cream right?! You always crave something sweet and cold when you are sick. But you know you shouldn't have that."

"Erm..I mean...no.no. no such things."

"You sure Pha? Don't do anything sneaky or I will ask Forth to go check on you again. He's the perfect person to keep you in check."

I snickered and bade Beam goodbye, not sure how to break it to him that his precious Forth is the one who indulges me too. I snickered and was about to eat my ice cream when a message flitted in from Forth!

"You never told me that you weren't allowed sweet stuff when you are sick! Beam just texted me to go check on you later! I didn't even dare tell him that i even bought you the ice cream. Don't get me into trouble Phana! Don't eat it please."

"Come on Forth, no one is allowed sweet stuff when they are sick. But it's a craving naaaaaa.. I promise I wouldn't have alot. Just a wee bit. I will show you ok."

I proceeded to scoop out just a wee bit and sent him a photo. He finally agreed but made me swear I would drink loads of water after that. I agreed and wanted to scoop out more but stopped myself. I did promise Forth just a wee bit. Sheesh. This man.

I kept away the rest, enjoyed the wee bit I had and also drank plenty of fluids. Beam and Kit came by in the evening and we caught up on my missed course work. Around 6pm, a message flitted in from Forth; "dinner?"

I texted him that I was with the boys and we would have dinner settled. He didn't say anything and just replied with a👍 emoji. Beam caught me swapping between the phone and notes and asked me what could possibly take me away from my notes. I just mentioned a text from an acquaintance.

Beam cocked his head at me but didn't say anything. He just got back to his work. We got busy and finally about 3 hours later, both boys left. Kit was going for a sleepover with Yo at his dorm and Beam was going out for a drink.

I just kept away my things, saw the ice cream and then Forth came to mind. I wondered what was he doing. I wanted to text him but it was unlike me to do so without a reason.

I finally decided to bite the bullet and drop him a text.

"Hey, busy?"

"No, Pha. What's up?"

"Had dinner?"

"Yes I did."

Why was this guy not continuing the conversation?

I was stumped on how to continue it.

"Going out since its Friday night?"

"Yea. With the boys."

"Is everything ok?"

"Hmm. Yea. Got to go. Bye."

Okays, what was wrong with this guy?! One minute he was treating me really well and the next, he's blowing cold?! I rolled my eyes. I took my phone out to storm Beam with messages over his stupid friend.

"Are your friends like this?!?"

"Huhhh? Who? What?"

"Hot and cold?!"

"Pha what's going on?!"

I kept silent after that. Beam called me. I didn't want to answer but Beam was persistent. I finally answered on the 3rd call.

"You want to tell me what is exactly going on?"

"Nothing."

"Pha. You don't storm me for nothing. You storm me when you are pissed about something. What's pissed you off?"

"It's Forth. I don't know why is he so reticent suddenly. He was the one who came to check on me, brought me to the doctor, made me rest, indulged my favorite treat for me and now blowing cold."

"Did you do anything? Forth isn't the kind to blow hot and cold. He only steps back when he feels he's not being seen the same way he sees someone."

I kept quiet. Suddenly a very nagging feeling came into my heart.

"Did you happen to mention about me being distracted at studies today?"

"Yea i did. Forth met up with me to pass me something and asked me on how you were. I said OK, you were mugging again which meant u were completely fine and also texting someone. He did ask me who but I said you just said it was an acquaintance. Why?"

"Nothing. It's ok. Where is Forth now?"

"He's prolly going to the bar with the boys."

I said OK and hung up. I am sure Beam must be very confused over my abrupt behavior but I realized Forth must have heard that I referred to him as an acquaintance. Shit shit.

I mean, I just didn't want to tell Beam and Kit yet that Forth and I talk privately. But shit. Haix.

I bit the bullet and called Forth. I almost thought he wouldn't answer but he did on the 3rd ring.

"Hey. What's up?"

"I.. I am hungry. I realized in my over zealous mode earlier, I forgot to eat. I.. I wanted to ask if you can help me buy some dinner?"

I didn't hear anything at all on the phone for a few seconds. Finally Forth muttered, "you are so dead when I see you. What would you want?"

I gave him my dinner order and he said he be over in 20 minutes. I nodded and just ensured my room was clean when I heard knocks on my door.

I opened it to find Forth glaring at me. Before he could scold me, I just hugged him tightly. Forth was stunned but didn't say anything but he didn't push me away either.

"I'm sorry. I.. Beam and Kit...I wasn't quite ready to tell them yet that we were friends. We just started talking. I just wanted to keep the friendship to myself first. I know about Beam. He would tease me endlessly if he knew I was talking to you. I didn't want to make it awkward for you too. That's why I called you an acquaintance. I'm sorry Forth.."

"It's ok.. I mean I was abit frustrated when I heard that. I admit but I guess I should have asked you first before behaving like that towards you. Sorry na. And why didn't you eat dinner?! You told me you would!"

I pulled away from Forth, grinning sheepishly. Forth instantly knew I had lied to make him come over. He smacked my head and insisted I still had to eat since I asked for it. I nodded and asked if he was gonna leave. He said yea since the boys were waiting for him. I nodded and before he left, he turned to look at me, "we are all good yea?"

I nodded, grinning. Forth broke out into a grin of his own which I gotta admit, wavered my stupid heart just a little bit.