𝗈𝗇𝖾

𝐀𝐒 𝐈 𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐏𝐏𝐄𝐃 𝐅𝐎𝐎𝐓 back into the familiar streets of Mystic Falls, a wave of nostalgia washed over me

𝐀𝐒 𝐈 𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐏𝐏𝐄𝐃 𝐅𝐎𝐎𝐓 back into the familiar streets of Mystic Falls, a wave of nostalgia washed over me. It had been years since I last set foot in this town, but I couldn't resist the magnetic pull that brought me back.

My heart pounded in my chest. The thought of seeing my old lover, Stefan Salvatore, again after all this time filled me with a mix of fear and longing. Memories of our past flooded my mind, both the beautiful moments and the painful ones. I couldn't help but wonder if he had changed, if we had both grown in different ways. Would we be able to reconnect, or would it only reopen old wounds?

My arm was interlinked with Kat's as we walked up the steps to the Gilbert house. We shared a mischievous smirk as the brunette knocked on the door.

A strawberry blond woman opened the door with a warm smile on her face, "Jenna, this is Mila. She's new to town." Kat introduced as she posed as her doppelgänger Elena.

"Hi, I'm Jenna," She spoke as she held out her hand for me to take which I took. I wore a friendly grin on my face as she moved her body to the side of the door, "Come in."

Kat and I shared a look as I followed the brunette inside the house, "You have a lovely home." I said sweetly.

I watched the woman pick up her coat that hung by the door, "Thank you." She replied before turning to Kat, "I have to go and meet the fire chief about the building," She turned back to face me, "But it was lovely meeting you, Mila."

"And you," I said before she left the house.

I suddenly froze in my tracks when a creaking sound was heard from the kitchen. A frown etched across my face, my senses on high alert as the Pierce checked round the corner, "John," She mouthed to me.

I rolled my eyes in annoyance as I sped out of sight. I never much liked John Gilbert.

"You scared me." I heard the man gasp as Kat made herself known.

She shrugged, "Sorry."

"Jenna home?" The older man questioned.

The brunette moved further into the kitchen, her dark curls bouncing against her back, "She had to meet the fire chief about the building. She doesn't know the truth. They've covered it up."

John nodded, "Yeah, I know. How's Jeremy?"

"Holed up in his room." She lied. Jeremy was Elena's brother/cousin. The family was a bit confusing.

My ears perked up as I heard footsteps approaching the house outside, "I looked everywhere." A voice that sounded identical to Kat's spoke.