𝗌𝖾𝗏𝖾𝗇𝗍𝖾𝖾𝗇

𝐀𝐍 𝐀𝐍𝐆𝐄𝐑𝐄𝐃 𝐄𝐗𝐏𝐑𝐄𝐒𝐒𝐈𝐎𝐍 etched across my features when the Salvatore and I entered the witch house to find the human doppelgänger stood with Bonnie, "What the hell are you doing?" I yelled to the dark-skinned girl

"I needed her to know about the coffins," She replied, an apologetic expression on her face.

I scoffed in anger, "And we needed you to keep her out of it, Bonnie."

The brunette girl turned to face me, suddenly growing confident, "What are you gonna do, Mila? Kidnap me and keep me hostage so I won't tell anyone?"

I towered over her in my heeled boots as I glared in her direction, "Don't tempt me, Elena."

"I think I know who can open the coffin," The witch interrupted, "And I need Elena to help me find her."

"Find who?" Stefan questioned, "What are you talking about?"

She reached into her back pocket and pulled out a Polaroid photo, "I couldn't place her face at first," I frowned at the photo which was of an older woman with who I assumed would be her daughter. Elena's eyes went wide as she glanced over, "Then I realised."

I frowned at the secrecy, "What are you talking about? Who is this?"

She sighed, "It's my mom."

𝐈 𝐀𝐑𝐑𝐈𝐕𝐄𝐃 𝐀𝐓 the Gilbert house with Stefan to find it empty with around fifty posters of women named Abby Bennett. I flickered through them until I came across one on separate table that I hadn't noticed before. The Salvatore phoned the Bennett around five times until she picked up, "What?" The sound of Elena Gilbert rang through my eyes.

I rolled my eyes at her presence as Stefan spoke, "Where are you?"

"Bonnie and I are going to spend the night at the lake house while we wait for Sheriff Forbes to give us some more addresses," She informed him.

Stefan rolled his eyes in disbelief, "You're kidding, right?"

"No, Stefan, I'm not," She shot back, "We need a night off from your insanity."

"Klaus knows we're stalling. We need to move faster," He spoke in an emotionless tone. 

"Well, we're doing everything we can so can you not call us every five minutes?" She complained.

I handed the boy the poster that caught my eye to which he took gratefully and glazed over it, "Sure, Elena. Whatever you say." He spoke before hanging up. He looked over at me, "Is this her?"

I nodded, "Must be. Let's go."

𝐖𝐄 𝐅𝐎𝐋𝐋𝐎𝐖𝐄𝐃 𝐓𝐇𝐄 address that the poster had and it seemed quite realistic.

"Are you hungry?" I asked, "Let's stop for a bite. A truck stop. Or a trucker." I joked.

The vampire rolled his eyes, "Oh, stop being cute."

I shrugged, "That's not possible." I said with a smirk.

He sighed, "We're nearly there anyway. The car says the apartment is seven minutes away."

I slouched back in my seat and closed my eyes out of exhaustion until the car came to a stop. I looked up to the nice house that was in the middle of nowhere but had a barn next to it. I frowned, "Are you sure this is it?"

"Positive," The Salvatore replied, gesturing to a certain doppelgänger who stood in the barn next to the house.

I chuckled at the doppelgänger's presence, climbing out of the car and sneaking up behind her.

"Hi, Elena. Nice lake house." I teased as I approached her.

Stefan rolled his eyes, "Did you really think we wouldn't find out?"

She folded her arms and shook her head, "Honestly, I didn't care."

The Salvatore moved closer to her and yelled, "This is exactly why we didn't want you in the loop."

The girl chuckled sarcastically, "Yeah, because now you can't do whatever you want."

The Salvatore turned around a kicked a wooden chair, causing it to break out of anger.

"Hey," A dark-skinned man yelled as he came from around the corner, "Everything alright here?"

I rolled my eyes at his presence as did Stefan as the doppelgänger began to speak to him, "Jamie, go back inside, okay? Please. Trust me, it's better off for you there."

His gaze went from Elena to Stefan and I cautiously, "I don't think so."

"I'd listen to her. Get back inside man," Stefan spoke rather calmly.

"I said I don't think so," The human shot back.

I rolled my eyes at his stubborn attitude and grabbed him rightly by the throat, "Get back inside before I rip your head off." I seethed, compelling him.

I pushed him away from me roughly as he turned the corner and I watched Elena's shocked expression, "You're crazy," I shrugged until I heard a gun cock. The man, Jamie, rounded the corner with a murderous glint in his eyes, "What are you doing?" The doppelgänger asked in shock.

"What I was told," He grunted, "You're not supposed to be here."

"He's compelled," I realised before two shots rang through the air. A pounding ache ran through my head as I fell to the floor unconscious.

𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐅𝐀𝐍 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐈 entered the Salvatore house that night after I had awoken from being shot in the head. I looked over to see Damon standing by the fire with a glass of bourbon in his grasp, "You're  still alive?" I teased.

"I assume that means Klaus didn't get his coffins," The younger Salvatore added.

"Don't look so happy," The raven-haired vampire deadpanned, "I was only able to get one of them out in time. The locked one."

I shrugged, "Probably the best choice,"

I moved to sit down on the couch as Damon spoke, "If you're banking on Bonnie's momma to open it, you're screwed. She doesn't have any powers."

I rolled my eyes, "Doesn't surprise me. It's been that kind of night."

"So what are we gonna do?" He questioned.

I only shrugged, "I don't know."

"Don't look so down," He suddenly smirked, pulling a dagger out of his waistband.

My eyes went wide as Stefan spoke, "What the hell did you do?"

"Elijah?" I questioned happily.

"Elijah."

𝐀𝐔𝐓𝐇𝐎𝐑𝐒 𝐍𝐎𝐓𝐄
sorry for the short chapter but here's to another update
xoxo