𝗍𝗐𝖾𝗇𝗍𝗒 𝗍𝗁𝗋𝖾𝖾

𝐈 𝐖𝐎𝐊𝐄 𝐔𝐏 that morning to Kat stood above me, violently shaking me awake

𝐈 𝐖𝐎𝐊𝐄 𝐔𝐏 that morning to Kat stood above me, violently shaking me awake. We were now back at the Salvatore Boarding house after the eventful couple of days.

I followed my best friend into Damon's room to find him lying next to Elena, "I had a dream about Stefan." I heard the younger doppelgänger say. This caused my heart to drop as Kat told me the exact same thing, "It was more than just a pit in my stomach this time. It was real. It was like I was there with him. I saw Stefan walking out of this bar. It had a red awning and this broken neon sign. And he was screaming in pain." She explained.

"Route 29. Joe's Bar." Kat spoke as we made ourselves known in the doorway. Their eyes snapped up to us at our presence, "I think I had the exact same dream."

Damon rolled his eyes as he embedded further into his bed but the thought made my skin crawl. I was starting to think that Stefan wasn't just ignoring me. Something had happened to him.

𝐈 𝐋𝐄𝐀𝐍𝐄𝐃 𝐁𝐀𝐂𝐊 in my seat beside Kat as Damon drove to where the doppelgängers thought Stefan was. The Salvatore frowned as he glanced out the window, "Are you sure you know what you're looking for?"

I nodded in agreement, "Yeah, that last bar had a red awning and a neon sign."

Elena sighed, "I'll know when I see it."

"Me too." Kat cut in, "So, Elena, I couldn't help but overhear. You've been dreaming about Stefan all summer?"

I chuckled, "That must be really stressful in a new relationship." I said sarcastically.

"Especially when you're having those kinds of dreams next to his brother." My best friend added with a giggle.

"They weren't dreams." She defended, "It was just a feeling. Like something wasn't right with him."

Kat nodded, "Oh, sure. Get it. There's still a connection between you two. Maybe deep down, you know that he was your one true love and breaking up with him was a big mistake." She spoke, trying to wind up Damon.

I rolled my eyes at her words, trying to ease my jealousy, "You and Elena had the exact same dream on the exact same night. Why would that mean anything?" I scoffed, sarcasm laced in my tone.

𝐈 𝐒𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐄𝐃 𝐈𝐍 relief once we finally reached the bar, following Damon and Elena inside. I had left Kat in the car to sleep, due to the fact she'd been lacking it lately.

"Can I get you something?" The woman at the bar spoke. I immediately noticed the bandage on her neck with blood oozing out of it.

"Yeah, sure." The man nodded as he leaned against the bar, "Why don't you tell me what happened to your neck, Jo?" He compelled.

She shrugged as she began to explain, "Some sicko attacked me. He bit me, told me to turn so I did and when I looked back he was on fire."

"The sun must have come up." I realised.