𝗍𝗐𝖾𝗇𝗍𝗒 𝗈𝗇𝖾

𝐌𝐘 𝐌𝐈𝐍𝐃 𝐖𝐀𝐒 spinning

𝐌𝐘 𝐌𝐈𝐍𝐃 𝐖𝐀𝐒 spinning. I hadn't heard from Stefan all summer, despite me having called him a couple of times. However, I was heavily distracted. Elena Gilbert had shoved the cure down Kat's throat, causing her to now be human.

We spent the whole summer talking to different witches who each told us it was irreversible.

My best friend and I strutted into the Salvatore house to find Damon on the phone to the youngest doppelgänger. He mentally cringed at the sight of us, "Definitely," He spoke into the phone, "Listen I gotta go."

I gave the man a black stare as he hung up the phone, "It's been a long summer, Damon."

He rolled his eyes as Katherine poured us a glass of bourbon, "You're gonna have to cut me off soon," The brunette spoke up, "My tolerance is a joke now. It's just so glorious." She said sarcastically.

Damon laughed, "You're miserable."

"Please, I'm Katherine Pierce. I'm a survivor." She recited.

"You're a liar." He corrected, "Your hair messed up. Your nails are chipped. You're a miserable human being. Why has Mila not turned you back?"

I scoffed in disbelief, "Do you not think we've tried that?"

He rolled his eyes, "What are you doing here?"

I was about to speak but was cut off by the sound of the younger vampire's phone ringing that sat on the table beside us. Kat smirked as she picked it up and pressed it to her ear, "Salvatore residence. This is Elena." She spoke in her doppelgängers perky tone. I didn't bother listening to the other end of the line, "Oh, dear. We'll find him." She spoke before hanging up and turning to Damon, "So, Jeremy's been expelled. Elena will be cool with that, right?"

"When I get back, you're gone." He rolled his eyes.

"Damon, please." I started, "We have nowhere else to go. You don't understand how difficult it is to survive while Kat is human."

He glanced over to the brunette with a concerned expression, "Fine."

𝐈 𝐇𝐀𝐃 𝐓𝐀𝐊𝐄𝐍 it upon myself to take a bath in the older Salvatores en suite. I grazed the razor across my arm, ridding it of the blond hairs as Stefan entered the room.

My heart skipped a beat at the sight of him. He held a smirk on his lips as he approached me, "Why are you in my brother's bathtub?" He asked playfully.

I frowned, "Where have you been?"

He only shrugged, dodging my question as he spoke again, "Where's Katherine? Heard she's human now."

I scrunched my face up, "Why?"

"Just wondered." He smirked, leaning closer to me. I watched his actions carefully, preparing him to place his lips onto mine due to our close proximity but instead, his hand wrapped tightly around my throat, stopping me from receiving oxygen, "Where's Katherine, Mila?"

I thought quickly, grabbing onto the razor and slicing it across his cheek. He jumped away as the blood began to run down his cheek.

I was quick to wrap myself in a robe and run out of the room, thankfully bumping into Katherine who had heard the commotion and come to check on me, "Go, run." I told her as she followed me down the stairs. I had now realised it wasn't Stefan, but Silas.

I jumped when I had ran into the older Salvatore body who was standing beside Jeremy, "Get them both out of here. Don't tell me where you're going." The vampire ordered the hunter before we ran out of the house.

𝐈 𝐒𝐀𝐓 𝐈𝐍 the passenger seat of the car as Jeremy drove further and further away from the Salvatore house. I was confused about what the immortal wanted with Katherine but didn't have the time to question him. 

"Where are we going?" Katherine asked from the backseat. Jeremy ignored her, "Are you deaf? I said, where are we going?"

She was cut off by the hunter's phone ringing, "How far did you get?" I heard Damon's voice from the other line.

"You said not to tell you," Jeremy replied unsurely.

Damon scoffed, "You pick now to listen to me?"

He hummed before speaking, "We just passed Old Miller Road."

"Good. Turn around. Bring them back." The vampire ordered.

My eyes shot up at his words. I scoffed, "What? No."

The boy hung up the phone, turning the car back around in the direction of the boarding house.

Katherine leant between the two front seats, "What are you doing? Stop. You can't take me back there. Damon wouldn't just hand me over. Silas clearly got in his head." She panicked.

The boy rolled his eyes, "Shut up, Katherine."

I ran a stressful hand through my hair, trying to think of what to do. I rolled my eyes, grabbing ahold of the wheel and directing it into a lamppost, causing a crash.

I sped out of my seat, grabbing onto the human girl and speeding the both of us out of there.

𝐀𝐔𝐓𝐇𝐎𝐑𝐒 𝐍𝐎𝐓𝐄
sorry for the short chapter
not too happy with it but upcoming chapters are loads better
it's the first chapter of season five and i'm so so excited
also my wattpad is bugging so much
i've been pre writing chapters for this book and it's not letting me upload any gifs, saying i'm offline but i'm not???
is this just happening to me??? let me know
xoxo