Author's Note

Before you start, you do not really need to read this Note, because just about everything will be mentioned again in the future chapters, if all of it seems too much, just skip this chapter and start reading directly from chapter 1, it won't matter much.

Djinns: They are extremely powerful beings that live off of 'wish-magic', so basically, when other people make wishes, not necessarily to a particular Djinn, they can derive magic from the strength of their wishes. In a world filled with people wishing for one thing or the other, there is no lack of wish magic, and due to abundant sources of power, they are at the top of the food chain.

They have separate human and Djinn forms (completely white/red/black eyes, bluish/greenish/reddish/purplish skin colour, smoky blur all over their body, and curled horns atop their heads).

Most importantly, they are free-willed. Unlike genies, that are lampbound.

Djinnath: The Djinn with the strongest wish-magic is the Djinnath, he/she is usually the Supreme Ruler/Sultan/Emperor.

Fae/Faerie: The fae work with 'temptation-magic', they lure, seduce or entice other beings into to following their will, usually under the guise of rewarding them with something they desire, hence 'temptation-magic'. They are considered evil, mischievous and dangerous. However they are astonishingly breataking, in their human vessels.

Just like Djinns, they too have separate human and fae bodies. Like I said, fae are creatures of evil, so their fae forms are not pretty or sweet looking. The given picture is an example. That's similar to how our protagonist looks in his fae form.

Genies: They are lower-ranked djinns bound to gold-plated lamps. They work as servants and slaves unless freed by the one in possession of their lamps.

Elves: Creatures of nature, gifted with air/water/fire/earth magic depending on what kind of Elves they are: Water Elves, Avian Elves, Fire/Agni Elves and Tree Elves.

Gods/Goddesses: Pretty sure I don't need to explain, but they are Supreme entities that have the power of creation. In this story, there are twelve main ones that govern the universe, with other minor ones that assist them.

The main ones are mostly of two types:

Bound and Unbound.

Bound -> as in, their power depends largely on their demand (worship, number of followers), so their strength is always changing.

Unbound -> their powers do not depend on worship or devotees, they depend on the universe, and so their strength remains constant.

World-imagination:

Think of it as Ancient Arabia, if that makes sense. Except there's magic everywhere, flying carpets, dancing ladies with half their faces covered, sprawling palaces, and slightly tanned citizens. Similar dressing style as well.

Oh and a bit of this is inspired by ancient Chinese BL novels as well. So the Royal family doesn't live in just one big castle, rather they live in the 'Palace Grounds' which is basically a huge expanse of area with many, many palaces, halls, courtyards, dormitories for servants and all that. It's basically a small city in itself? The Concubines have their own palaces, same for the Emperor, Empress, blah blah blah.

Warning: There might be a part of the plot later in the book that will piss you off/annoy you. Please trust the process lol

Geography (?): There used to be a Faerie Kingdom, an Elven kingdom, a Dwarven kingdom, an Orc Kingdom and so on. They had separate nation for themselves with clear land divisions.