Chapter 21: Iń Yokari.

The peak was named Iń Yokari, meaning supreme in the language of Elves, although the more common name for it was Dragonhold.

From a distance, it was difficult to appreciate just how high up its tip was, and as we neared the mountain, I was thankful we weren't headed for the top.

Sure, it was beautiful but...inconvenient.

As we neared the massive body of mountain, it seemed as if the winds were moving faster, and against us. At the start it was barely noticeable, but soon enough, it was much too obvious.

I pushed myself a little to my right, hoping to see what was ahead of us, and the shock of it left me motionless.

Storm clouds, so vicious-looking that one wouldn't want to look at them from a distance, much less fly through them, circled the dragonhold.

There was no way to go around them and it didn't seem like Saphira was even trying to avoid them. Her trajectory was taking us straight at them.

No wonder I felt the wind pick up so suddenly.

Rather than disturbing the dragon, I turned to Alaric who was still leisurely seated on the back of the beast, "Did you see that?"

He looked up, "See what?"

Tightening one hand even further around the spike, I quickly let go with my other hand to point at the waiting disaster in front of us, "That. How are we going to fly through it?"

His eyes barely moved towards where I was pointing, and he suddenly seemed to realize what I was talking about.

"I could tell you, but then it won't be as fun anymore."

Raising an eyebrow, I muttered, "You need to make some serious changes to your definition of fun."

Nevertheless, I turned back to look at the clouds once before turning back to face him, "So it's fine? Nothing to worry about?"

Alaric nodded, "Nothing to worry about."

I turned back to the front after a brief pause, "Okay then."

...

Alaric is a liar.

It was a nightmare happening, I felt like jumping off the dragon and being blown away back to my chambers.

For the most part, the storm was harmless to us, because it was meant to defend against unwanted visitors.

Emphasis on 'for the most part'.

Not all.

There was bird's nest on top of my head.

No, a literal bird's nest.

With eggs and leaves and branches and everything else, though the eggs landed on Saphira and not me.

Half my clothes were on the verge of flying away from me, and I was drenched like a rat by the time we landed inside the Hold.

Alaric is a fucking liar.

I was never doing that again. Absolutely never.

Suddenly, I felt a poke on my back, snapping me out of my reverie. I turned to see Saphira's tail raised in front of me, gesturing for to me step down.

'Come on, little one.' She tilted her head towards it.

It was then that I actually looked at where we were.

In a daze, I stepped on her tail and she lowered me to the ground. All the while, I hadn't managed a coherent line of thought in my head.

There were so, so many dragons of every colour and size. Many were flying in the clear sky above the dragonhold, a far cry from the stormy one outside it.