Chapter 19: Nevermind, It's A Boring Day.

Saltuk left after reporting the dragon's return to it's home, but not without sending an inquisitive glance in my direction. Perhaps wondering why I stood stiff like a toothpick.

Thankfully, Alaric himself did not give anything away, leaning back on the headboard lazily the entire time.

"Speaking of dragons, that wasn't one of your military beasts, was it?" I inquired.

Alaric wiped his fingers with a wet towel, looking up briefly, "It was a goods' carrier, most of those are unintelligent creatures."

I pondered a bit on his words, before hinting, "I don't believe I have visited the dragonhold before, I hear you even have Saphira the Opressor under your command."

Rumors had it that she was magnificent, like no dragon I could have seen before.

Without beating around the bush, he asked, "Would you like to visit sometime?"

"Well...if you insist on it."

"I don-"

"Thank you!" I interrupted, fixing a smile.

"Now, if you could please excuse me," I gestured with both hands towards the direction of my study, "duty calls."

Then without giving him much time to object, I took my leave. It was only when I was comfortably seated in my chair, did I recall the matter of drunk sex.

Oh well, things are fine now anyway.

I had better things to worry about, such as the banquet for the Festival Of Gods in a fortnight.

The biggest celebration of the year, in most countries. Including the Nnath Empire.

Although I only had the responsibility of organizing the festivities on Palace grounds, the fact that I wasn't very familiar with the Djinn's way of things may prove troublesome.

"Maria." I called out.

The door to the study was pushed open a moment later, and Abia disguised as my lady-in-waiting entered.

"Did you collect the needful?"

Seeing as to how I hadn't asked any of the servant to leave, she continued to behave as Lady Maria would.

"Yes, Your Majesty. The Ministry of Finance has allotted a decently sized budget for this year. Here is the official document."

I jerked my hand, and she let go of the papers, allowing them to float over and neatly arrange themselves on the desk in front of me.

"And the list of nobles in attendance?" I asked while skimming through one of the pages.

"The steward said that His Majesty the Emperor has left it up to you to decide."

I tapped on the table, not sure what that signified, "Alright, that is all then."

Stamping the royal seal on an envelope, I held it up: "Hand this to Nasir with haste, inform him to make a visit to the cooks of the imperial kitchen as well."

After all, what is a celebration without a feast?

Although that was still just a small part of the work needed to be done.

The list of trusted servants helping inside the hall, of those that would assist in decorations beforehand, what was to be displayed in which hall of the Palace, what wine was to be served, where each of the guests were to be seated and which ones' had some fued between them, what means of entertainment were to be put on, which group of dancers to invite, when the ceremony should begin, I also had to get in touch with the temple for the worship ceremony...

There was a dreadful day ahead.

OoOoOoOoOoO

My head felt painfully heavy as I tried to blink my eyes open.

What happened?

As my vision became more focused, I realized I was in the middle of what seemed like a council room.

In a hall of heavenly beauty, with pillars of a color such as gold. It was extravagantly gorgeous.

And this place was without door or walls. Only the many pillars connected in a circle. There was no ceiling burdening them.

Is this place made inside a garden? There are so many flowers all around outside.

Suddenly, the scene seemed to shift, and in the next moment, many figures appeared in the tall, imposing chairs placed around a long, rectangular table in that very hall.

There were twelve of them.

Each was stranger than the next. Possessing divine beauty, some of them, while others were with grotesque appearances.

'How did I come to be here?' The thought flashed in my head. It was just like the previous time, when nobody could see or hear me.

'Are we doing this again? Stop wasting my time on these fruitless discussions.'

Somebody was speaking, though it was unclear who.

As I observed more carefully, I seemed to recognize two of the people sitting.

The two men I saw sitting under the tree that day! I was certain it was them, despite not having seen their faces then, just as I couldn't now.

Did I somehow come across a heavenly being's memories?

I must have, otherwise there was no way to explain this. But the question was, did they mean for this to happen, or was it an accident?

"Ah..." my neck was aching from having been placed in an awkward position for who knew how long.

I sat up, startled.

Is the dream over?

I slowly patted my face, taking a deep breath.

Just as before, I was inside my study, seated where I was earlier. I remembered deciding to take a short nap right here.

And then I somehow entered that...dreamworld? Was it a dreamworld?

Which reminded me of the bloodoath I made that day, and my unnatural reaction towards it.

And only from then, did I begin having these, let's say, visions. I had little doubt in these two incidents being connected somehow.

Though as much as I would like to drop everything else and search for the exact connection, the fact was, I simply did not have the time.

Altleast not for the next two weeks, and perhaps a couple more days after that.

But then it wasn't like these dreams were hurting anybody, as far I as knew. And I still felt well rested, only perhaps a little disturbed, so they was no urgency either.

Then let it be for now.

"Your Majesty."

There was a knock.

I looked up, sensing magical disturbance from behind the doors, as the guard announced.

"The High Priest from the temple of Goddess Aporia is here."

Aporia.

Thank the heavens, it was Aporia this time.

OoOoOoOoOoO

A/N:

Been trying to tell myself I'm not lazy and then I see the word count of this chapter and give up.

BUT, I'm not just lazy, I'm also shameless so I'm posting it just like this 🙈

Next chapter will be sooner (hopefully) and longer (for sure).