Chapter 17: Hangover.

"Haa...ha...what the hell was that...?" 

I woke up covered in cold sweat, breathing heavily. 

A nightmare? It felt like I was dying for a moment there.

Supporting myself by my arm, I tried to sit up, but a few centimeters and I collapsed right back into the bed. 

"No, no, no...what did I do?" 

I forced my eyes shut as an overwhelming feeling of nausea came over me. And that wasn't even the problem. 

Neither was the nightmare. 

The problem, the problem was in bed with me. 

Quietly, I pushed one hand out of the covers and tried to shift away. 

Which turned out rather unsuccessful as the arm around my waist tightened. The body pressed against me from behind was warm and hard, but most importantly, naked. 

Just like me. 

I could shed tears of blood on the spot if it meant there was another explanation for this. 

Tell me I didn't get drunk and sleep with him.

"Are you up?" 

A drowsy voice asked behind me, and all of a sudden, I was hyper aware of everything wrong with this situation. 

Our legs were tangled together, his arm was around my waist, my back was pressed completely to his chest, and there was something hard poking me in the ass! 

"...yeah, let go please." 

There was silence for a second, with no movement from his side. 

Then he suddenly pulled away, "Oh."

 Yeah, Oh.

"What exactly happened?" I asked in a small voice. 

Alaric coughed, and I turned around to face him sitting up.

He was up as well, the sheets covering him upto his lap, and there was an awkward expression on his always blank face, "Why don't we get dressed first? I don't remember much at the moment."

I nodded slowly, "Yeah, okay let's do that."

But it was easier said than done.

There was a pounding in my head, and getting out of bed was a challenge in itself.

But the scene that awaited me was even crazier. 

Complete chaos. Clothes were strewn about everywhere, a delicate box of gel was placed on the bedside table, empty. 

Pillows were on the floor, and several jars of wine were missing from the table, who knew where they went. Even the soft couch by the window seemed to have been destroyed somehow. 

I actually have a pretty good idea how that could have happened.

Sweeping one hand over my face, I covered my eyes. 

I remember nagging at Abia for not getting drunk in enemy territory a week back, and now look at this.

It was as if a hurricane swept through the chambers, crashing into everything and bringing disaster.

 I've never felt so ashamed of myself...dammit. 

If I had to have sex, I should atleast do it sober so I could remember. Now all I have is an aching back and a pain in my butt. 

"Haa..." 

*****