Chapter 13: Planning A Trip?

The bathing room connected to our chambers was huge, but this one was absolutely massive. As a matter of fact, it was much like a small pond indoors.

Clear water underneath a calm surface made for a very appealing picture.

The hall was dimly lit, creating an ambiguous atmosphere inside. As the servants assisted in taking off the overly complicated garments, I looked about, examining the place.

I had never used this particular bathing room before but I planned to use it more often. It was nice.

When I only had my bottom wear remaining, I moved away from the maids, dismissing them. From the slight itch on my neck, I could tell my hair had gotten longer.

I should let it grow out a bit, it won't look half- bad.

Since the Emperor had attended court today, he was dressed in official robes which were a little more complicated to take off.

Still, if I waited for him to step into the water first, I could choose a spot further away from him. If I got in first...he might not do the same.

So I waited about, running my hands through my hair for no reason or adjusting my pants.

It's a little cold though.

A minute or so later, when Alaric was bare enough, he made his way to the right end of the pool and stepped inside.

"Finally." I muttered under my breath.

I started to make my way to the side of the waters, furthest away from him when he suddenly looked up at me.

With an expression of surprise, he asked, "Ah, were you waiting?"

I blinked, "Wha-"

"Then come here, this end has the perfect depth to stand in."

I paused, my mouth opened and closed but no words came out. So in silence, I obliged.

"Right."

And in slow, despondent steps, I dragged myself to his side of the pool.

Oh, well.

Atleast the water was nice and warm. Perfect temperature, really. As I sank into the welcoming heat, I sighed in contentment.

"This feels great!" I voiced.

The emperor nodded, "It does."

Oddly, his voice seemed to have a tinge of laziness in it. But then, I suppose it's hard not to relax yourself into warm waters in the middle of winter.

Slowly, a thought made its way into my head.

After my previous failed attempt at parting ways, maybe I should change my strategy and start slow?

Running away should probably be my last option.

So I swam closer to him, taking in the sight of his tanned muscles that glistened as beads of water dripped down from the curve of his collarbones to his chest.

He was muscled too, not very heavily but it was enough to intimidate a person. Wide shoulders and a lean waist with amazing thrusting stren-

Ahem.

Anyway, a magnificent specimen for sure. Perhaps if he was my Consort and not the other way around, I wouldn't have minded pouncing on him but...yeah, not like this.