Awake and Alive (Volume 9, Chapter 0.5)

A/N: Hey. Punkie here! This little chapter is a prologue for Volume 9. I just watched the episode, and oh shit, it's gonna be good. Have Fun. Do not play the OP if you haven't seen the EP. It contains spoilers!

*(Y/N) POV*

'My name... is (Y/N) (L/N)-Calavera...'

I remember falling through the darkness... or I just lost consciousness because of overusing my Semblance and overall exhaustion

'I'm a Huntsman...'

A flashback of (Y/N) fighting with Tock shows up, as the boy parries another strike of his nemesis

'I'm Fall's Maiden Guardian...'

Another flashback shows, as (Y/N) incinerates Tock's body to ashes. He later faces off against Cinder.

'I'm... a coward...'

And then... I jumped down.

???: "You're not a coward, (Y/N)" I hear a male voice "Come on, little guy" Then, I think I saw a dead man, for real

(Y/N): "D-dad?" A (H/C) adult looks at me, "Wh-what? Am I dead?" my old man laughs a little.

Dad: "No, (Y/N), you're still very alive. It's just that I sensed you may be in trouble. And for sure I was right" he smiles.

(Y/N): "Okay, what the fuck is going on. One moment I was fighting against Salem's lackeys, later I fell through some weird void, then I think I saw my fiancé's weapon, and now I'm talking to a spirit of my father. You sure I'm not dead" he nods "Well... I wish I were... Ruby is dead, most of the folks are dead... hell broke loose and..."

Dad: "I saw" I look at him with wide eyes, "I will not move to the other side until I know Oz succeeds. Until I know you succeed, son" He looks at me "Us (L/N)'s don't give up"

(Y/N): "But..."

Dad: "No buts. What you told your little Rose a year ago when you and your friends went to Mistral, it's a real choice every soul has to make" I then feel my cheeks burning.

(Y/N): "But... you didn't look after me ALL the time, right?" Dad chuckles.

Dad: "Of course not. What you do with your soon-to-be wifey is your matter. Just know I expect an heir to Guardians' powers" he smiles "Now, it's time for you to wake up, (Y/N). Remember, your old man is here and will look after you" He smiles again and slowly faints in blue fire

I then opened my eyes, shielding them a moment later. I blink twice, and my eyes are not deceiving me... There are two suns in the sky.

(Y/N): "What the fuck...?" I sit up and look around, "Where am I?"

I get up from the sand and look around a little more. Nothing but ocean and sand behind me, and a large, strange tree in the distance ahead. I wring my cloak and dust myself out.

(Y/N): "Well, I for sure won't need this jacket anymore" I get it off, as well as roll up my sleeves. Deciding it's better to explore a little, I start walking along the shoreline, soon spotting a scythe impaled into the ground "I wasn't hallucinating... It's really Crescent Rose... that means..." I took the scythe out and put it on my back, as Mortem still firmly sits on my hip, "That means Ruby and the rest of those who fell must be here too!" I then start looking around, shouting, "Ruby? Ruby!" I get no answer, "My Rose! Please answer me!" Nothing. I then sigh, "Great..." I sit down, thinking.

'Just what happened after I fell... How bad did it go...'

(Y/N): "I hope Penny, Sam, and Weiss are alright and in Vacuo by now..." Deciding thinking about this stuff will get me nowhere, I get up again, and walk towards the giant tree "Hang in there, my Rose. I'm coming for you... and whoever else is stuck with us here..." Getting Mortem out and cutting some vines, I walk deeper into the jungle, as I made my way to the tree.

A/N: There it is, a Volume 9 prologue for Continuing the Legacy. Full Chapter next Saturday!

Punkie out!

RWBY belongs to Rooster Teeth and was created by Monty Oum

OCs belong to me

(Y/N) belongs to you (and to Ruby)