It's time to play the game

*Y/N POV*

We make our way toward the red castle, following those toy soldiers as one of them keeps playing the drum.

Mako: "So," he looks around, "Anyone else thinks this 'Red King' will help us get to the tree?"

Blake: "I think so. In the book, the Red King helped Alyx after she beat him in a game."

Weiss: "In case you all forgot, we're not her" Meanwhile, I look at Ruby, as she stays silent all the way

'I know you are hurt after Penny. I'm too. Petals, remember your dream, and reach for it.'

(Y/N): "We as well may play her role, now" I look back at the soldiers and later turn to my team "If the whole 'Red King' becomes hostile, don't hold back" Ryze, Mako, and Sam nod

Ryze: "His 'soldiers' are made of wood (L/N)" He chuckles. "I'm sure 'little matchstick' like you can wipe them alone," he jokes, making the rest of Team CRMS chuckle while I roll my eyes.

(Y/N): "I regret you meeting Ace Ops," I sigh. "I hope they got out of Atlas with Qrow, Robyn, and my mom" I look down, "She thinks I'm dead, probably."

Mako: "When you say it... my parents and Alice probably think so too about me," he sighs. "We need to get out of here" Ryze and Sam nod.

Sam: "Mom probably saw our message, Ryze."

Ryze: "So what?! I don't care about her... unless she informs dad too..." he looks down. "I swear if she does anything to him-" Sam cuts him off.

Sam: "Mom was who she was but cared about us. Sure, she was overprotective of-"

Ryze: "Overprotective?! She locked you down in your room, for Oum's sake!" I end their argument.

(Y/N): "You two can have a twin argument later. When we leave this place and hopefully in Vacuo, we will see what's going on and act accordingly." I look up, spotting the Crimson Castle's gate. "We're here."

We reach the royal palace, spotting a mixture of guards in slightly different armor than the first group waiting for us. The rest play trumpets and step back in sync as the drums play. We look ahead, spotting a small figure walking within the soldier. Like the guards, the figure is a living toy with more details on his face, a more vivid red outfit, and a golden crown on his head. It strikes a pose in front of us.

'Great... another spoiled brat... like dealing with Weiss back at Beacon wasn't enough' I roll my eyes and look at the presumably 'Red King.'

(Y/N): "Are you perhaps... the Red King?" the figure snaps at us

The figure: "How dare you?! I'm not the Red King. There is no King!" he continues his tantrum. "Observe, as I am the Red Prince," he 'corrects' me while fixing his oversized crown constantly. I facepalm, not having any energy to deal with him.

(Y/N): "My fucking Oum..." I murmur.

Red Prince: "The nerve of some people," he huffs. "Coming to someone's castle without even knowing who they are. To make it worse, it's on my birthday!" he stomps his foot as soldiers stay at attend.

Soldiers: "Happy Birthday, Your Majesty!"

Red Prince: "Yes, yes, a most joyous occasion for all," he smiles

Mako: "Hey, I've never paid attention to literature class, but was Red King always such a jerk?" he nabs Ryze

Ryze: "I'm sure he was a lot taller... and didn't have 'Ice Queen' syndrome of a spoiled brat.

Weiss: "Hey! I wasn't that bad," she gestures to the royalty.

Team CRMS: "You were," we all say in one voice, making Weiss groan while one guard addresses us