The most curious Cat

*Y/N POV*

Ruby and I tried to follow our new tour guide, but we lost it in the plains just outside the red forest.

Ruby: "Here, kitty, kitty, kitty. Here, kitty, kitty, kitty!" I sigh and look around.

(Y/N): "Hey, anyone has a laser pointer or some catnip? It worked one time."

Blake: "(Y/N), please. Stop reminding me. It's bad enough that I'm as small as a mouse."

Little: "And what's wrong with that?" it looks to our right and squeaks, "Eek! Cat's hindquarters" it points to the ed grass, a cat tail standing above the blades.

Ruby: "Uhh... Excuse me?"

Curious Cat: "You're excused" it pops behind us as Ruby jumps and Little hides again. It gets to its second part, and they connect like a finely made puzzle.

(Y/N): "Okay, another weird thing..." I look at the feline. "Um, are you Curious Cat? Cat? Uhh... Which one do you go by?" I then quiet down. "They call him variously depending on the book revision, ugh..."

Curious Cat: "Oh, I don't go by; days and years do, but not me. If you're asking what I am, I'm indeed a cat most curious."

Ruby: "Of course you are. Heh-heh. Look, my friends and I really need to get to that giant tree. Unfortunately, nothing we've done so far has gotten us any closer to it."

Weiss: "It looks to me like we're even farther!

Yang: "Yeah, I think that's because we're six inches tall."

Mako: "We're in the size of a pencil."

Weiss: "It could be both" she glances away

Curious Cat: "The tree... Tree, tree, tree, tree... Oh yes, that is indeed a most impossible task. You do not go to the tree. The tree goes to you unless you're me... you see"

Yang: "Not even by a bit."

Curious Cat: "Well, that's your problem. It's all a matter of perspective."

Ruby: "That doesn't make any sense. Ugh, okay, well, couldn't you take us there? Since you've been there before."

Curious Cat: "So, why would I want to go back? Ah, yes, I'm glad we've reached an understanding. No sense in seeing a sight seen" its attention goes back to the butterfly.

Ryze: "For fuck's sake... Look, can you please show us the way to the tree? You showed it to Alyx before."

Curious Cat: "Alyx! Alyx, Alyx? How do you know her? Are you friends of hers? Old arch enemies? No, wait, I think I got it... Okay, no, I don't. Please tell me!" it flies to Ruby's face, as our friends if you didn't notice, are still 6 inches (ca. 15 cm) tall and ride in her hood.

(Y/N): "We don't know her personally, but we know something about her."

Weiss: "Alyx wrote a book about her adventures here in the Ever After" the Cat flies around Ruby

Curious Cat: "A book?! Is it a popular novel?"

Sam: "It's a popular children's book back where we're from. All of us read it when we were kids."

Curious Cat: "Ooh, interesting. Please, tell me more. What did she write about? How was I portrayed? And," it sniffs around. "Do I smell a mouse?" it looks over at Little, who hides behind Yang. Blake also covers our little rodent friend.

Blake: "Um, could you give us a minute?"

Curious Cat: "Oh, so much for that idea. Well, by all means, do hurry. I have so many, many questions" it flies off into the tall grass in search of more butterflies.