Calm Before the Storm

*(Y/N) POV, Mistral*

Some days have passed since our date. I was sitting in the living room with Ruby leaning on my shoulder as I continue to read my dad's notebook

(Y/N): "Oh, that's interesting"

Ruby: "Huh?"

(Y/N): "My dad wrote here that there are three stages of Ignition" Ruby is clearly confused

Ruby: "Ignition? What's that?"

(Y/N): "When I beat up Tyrian back there in that village I accidentally set myself on fire, remember?" she nods "It's what my dad called Ignition. And the three stages differ by the color of flame. Back then it was orange if I remember. It was the first stage. Stage two is red flame and stage three is blue flame"

Ruby: "But you already set Mortem on blue fire? Isn't that it?" I shake my head

(Y/N): "It was mostly because of Mortem absorbing some of my Aura. And it was only my weapon, not my body. I just wonder if my cape is fireproof"

Ruby: "Your clothes were fine after you set yourself on fire like a living torch for the first time, so don't worry"

(Y/N): "I just don't want to destroy your present for me. I can get used to wearing a cloak"

Right, I started wearing that cloak Ruby got me. I kept it to my jacket with one skull pin and one rose pin Ruby got me. She also has a skull, pinned to her belt.

(Y/N): "And thanks for the rose pin, Petals"

Ruby: "Thanks for the skull too" Then Mako entered the room

Mako: "Guys! Gu-" he trailed off when he saw us, both in our capes "Since when do you wear a cape, (Y/N)?"

(Y/N): "Since our last date. Ruby got it for me" to which Ruby nods with 'yhm' "Anyway, what's so important?"

Mako: "Right. I finally got the response from my friend in Menagerie" This picked our interest

Ruby: "And? Is Blake there? What is she doing there?"

Mako: "To answer your questions, Rosie. Yes, she is there and she mostly went to visit her parents. There is no knowing if she will come here" Ruby was saddened by the news "And Sun is with her too"

(Y/N): "That's all?" Mako nods "*sigh* Thanks Mako, at least we know she is safe"

Mako: "I wouldn't say that. He spotted some of the White Fang near Belladonna's Family House"

(Y/N): "Shit... And we can't help her because we're not allowed there. God dammit!"

Ruby: "There must be something we can do to help her"

(Y/N): "Petals. As much as I would like to do something for her, unless you are a Faunus and I somehow didn't noticed, there is no way they allow you to Menagerie"

Ruby: "Poop..."

*3rd POV, Menagerie*

Blake and Sun, after their unsuccessful attempts to gather Faunus in order to save Haven Academy, decided to take a break. Currently the duo sits by a table near one of the fruit drink stands. Sun takes a sip of his drink before he slams it down on the table.

Sun: "I don't get it! How can they just sit around and do nothing with the White Fang getting ready to attack?"

Blake: "Because not everyone is like you and me. The Faunus here in Menagerie, the ones that weren't born on the island, moved here because they were tired of fighting, of having to struggle constantly. Menagerie is filled with people that just want to be left alone, and here we are, asking them to put the rest of the world before themselves"