Extinguished

*(Y/N) POV*

The night was somewhat restless on my side. I couldn't catch any sleep. I'm perturbed about Ruby... she isn't herself. It doesn't help that the rest of her team thinks because she's a leader, she can bear anything... she can't. She's just a girl, younger than any of us. Penny... Atlas falling... it took it on her. It'll be a matter of time before she breaks down or snaps at them, with me preferring none of them. I love Ruby; I really do, but... I look down at my hands, and the bloodstains are still there. I will try to help her, but I can only do as much.

(Y/N): "I hope you've sweet dreams, Petals" I look at the girl beside me. "You're still my beacon of hope" I gently peck her cheek and get up. Sitting up on the chair and overlooking the 'sunrise'. I take out Mortem and look at it. "Put my fire down..." I look at my weapon, thinking about what Blacksmith told me. I stare until I hear a yawn. Looking back, I see Ruby is stirring awake "Morning, Petals. You slept well?" Ruby doesn't answer me; she just stares at Crescent Rose lying on a table beside me. I stand up and kneel next to her. "Ruby... are you okay? You don't look-" she cut me off.

Ruby: "(Y/N), I... I'm fine." I look at her with my brow raised.

(Y/N): "Oh really?" I sit beside her, grabbing her hand. "Ruby, if anything. You can always talk with me. About anything. I'm here for you just like you're here for me" I look at her, thinking about hugging her, but I just sigh. "I'm here if you want to spill your guts. Ruby, we have known each other for almost three years; I can see you're not alright."

Ruby: "It's... it's complicated..." She sighs and rolls around, facing her back to me. "You wouldn't understand" I roll my eyes and try to smile.

(Y/N): "Then make me-" A sudden rumbling and some noise cut me off. Jaune bolts from his bed like someone put a fire under it.

Jaune: "I'm late!" he frantically puts his armor on, waking the rest of us with all the clanking. "I'm late! I'm late! I'm late!" Jaune storms out of the building. I follow him, and soon the rest of our friends are out and awake. Jaune approaches Juniper.

Mako: "Jaune, what the hell! It's so early. What's going on?!" he rubs his eyes.

Jaune: "I overslept. I NEVER oversleep. Yesterday-argh, all the excitement must've made me really tired. Crap! Come on, just gotta fix it like you always do."

Yang: "Whoa, Jaune, what's going on?"

Jaune: "No time, I'm late. Any second now, there's going to be another," he stops as another explosion happens. We look to the source, spotting two houses on fire. "Damn it, right on time! Head to town; I'll meet you guys there!" he hops on Juniper and aces towards the city.

Little: "I'm never this upset when I oversleep,"

Ryze: "Right on time? What did he mean about that?"

(Y/N): "We will see when we get there," I draw Mortem out. "Let's go!" Using my Semblance to fire out, I hoover in front of them.

Blake: "Ruby, where's your scythe?" she notices Ruby is unarmed

Ruby: "Uh, sorry. Not fully awake yet!" she walks back home to retrieve Crescent Rose.

Weiss: "Hurry! People are counting on us!"

After Ruby gets her weapon, we rush to the town, finally getting a better look at it. It's all made of paper... Buildings, plants, and even animals

'Yeah... fire and paper don't work pair too well.'

I deactivate my fire and land

Sam: "Who the heck thinks making a town out of paper is a good idea?!"