13. NIGHTMARE

I did not leave my room for the next 4 days. My breakfast, lunch and dinner were sent to my room at the proper time. Other than that, I was left alone for which I was grateful. Because even seeing the face of those brothers sent a shiver down my spine and made me crawl back in fear.

For the last four nights in a row, I have woken up in the middle of the night with the same nightmare. The face of that man down in the basement, his eyes popping out of his orbits and his face turning red due to suffocation. This was the second time I had watched someone die in a very short period of time but this time, it was much more morbid.

Tonight, I once again woke up in the middle of the night with my heart pounding against my chest. It took me a few seconds to calm my racing heartbeat. The whole scenario once again played in front of my eyes and I fought the tears gathering in my eyes.

My hands struggled to find the water bottle in the dark and when I finally found it, it was empty. I thought of going back to sleep but my throat was parched. Not wanting to ruin the remaining of my sleep with thirst, I left the bed and slipped my feet into the sandals.

I walked out of the door of my room and found the whole mansion dronwed in darkness. This place was already creepy, the darkness just added to the misery. I walked downstairs and made my way to the kitchen. Taking out a bottle of water from the refrigerator, I gulped the cold water down my throat. The sweat started to dissipate and my body began to cool down.

As I turned around to leave, I came across a pair of eyes glaring at me through the dark. I let out a scream but it was caught in my throat as the intruder shut me by placing his palm across my mouth.

As my vision adjusted to the darkness, I recognized Sean Miller's sharp jaw, his slightly crooked nose and his hooded eyes, in that particular order. He was towering over me, his hands still on my mouth trying to shut me up. Seeing him reminded me of the nightmare again and I bit his hand, making him pull away.

"So she bites too." He commented, stepping behind. "You finally decided to leave your room, Miss. Woods?"

I stayed quiet, not wanting to argue with this vile man.

"So you won't speak at all?" He asked.

I stayed quiet again, crossing my arms in front of my chest.

"Fine, don't speak. Just keep your things packed by this Sunday." He said, finally forcing me to break my silence.

"Am I finally leaving this hellhole?" I asked.

"Yes. We are going to Florida." He said and my eyes popped out in surprise.

"Are you joking?" I asked.

"When did I last joke with you?" He furrowed his eyebrows.

"Wait, who do you mean by we?" I asked, focusing on his previous words.

"You and me." He cleared in a duh tone.

"I am not going anywhere with you." I spat, clenching my jaw.

"You don't have a choice." He said as he walked behind me to drink water. Now that my vision had adjusted some more, I realized he was shirtless, his trousers hanging low on his pelvis. I looked away but not before getting a quick glance of his taut abs.

"Why are you going there anyway? To drop me home?" I asked.

"To find answers." He said. "Your father had left us all in a puzzle and it needed to be solved from where it started." His biceps bulged as he took a big gulp of water.

"What sort of puzzle?" I asked.

"Now you want to talk." He raised his eyebrow.

Rolling my eyes, I took a bottle of water from the fridge and stomped out of the kitchen, before he could engage me in further talk.