EPILOGUE

(Many readers wanted me to re-write the epilogue because the last one felt too rushed. So here it is.)

*Three days later*

It has been three days since we left USA and two days since we moved into this new house in the outskirts of London. In a way, life has changed completely but it's too soon to say if the change is good or not.

Our first day in UK went by sleeping due to the jet lag. Today, since morning, Sean and I were going from shop to shop, buying new furniture and decoration items for our house. Well, not our house, since we haven't officially moved in together. I was just staying with him in the same house, like a housemate.

I don't know exactly where we stood from the relationship point of view. We both had admitted our love for each other and we had spent the last two nights on the same bed but he hasn't officially asked me to be in a relationship. So unless he does that, I was going to keep my guards up. I didn't need to have my heart broken two consecutive years.

"I like this sofa set." I said, eyeing a royal blue velvet seven-seater sofa set. But when I noticed the price tag, my eyes popped out. "It's too expensive."

"Did I ask you to pay?" He said sarcastically. "Buy whatever you want, without looking at the price tag."

"Fine, Richie Rich." I muttered under my breath. "What about this dining table?"

"It's an 8-person table." Sean said, walking behind me to see the wooden dining table. "We are two."

"Actually we are 6, including the maid, the driver and guards." I reminded him. "Seriously, we are in a different city. Do we really need servants here? What about keeping things low-key?"

"It is low-key. Do you expect me to do the groceries and wipe the dishes?" He said and I stuck my tongue out at him. Low-key, my ass.

"You are so annoying." I said and walked over to the payment counter. Sean gave them the address and handed over his credit card. I didn't try to see the bill because I know it will give me a heart attack.

"I know." He said and held my hand before walking towards the exit. "But you're stuck with me."

"Yep, poor me." I said to tease him.

"Yes, poor you." He rolled his eyes, opening the door of the car for me. "The driver will take you home. I have a meeting with the architecture about the new office."

"But--- But---" I got sad all of the sudden. I wanted to spend more time with him. Pathetic? I know but it is what it is. "Ugh. Fine. I'm hungry. Bring me Chinese."

"Sure." He said and motioned the driver to take me home. I wanted him to kiss me before leaving but Mr. Cold ass didn't even think of that. Pouting, I lay back on the seat and closed my eyes.

•°•°•°

Sean's house--- Our house, as he likes to call it--- is about thirty minutes drive from the centre of the city, in a peaceful part of the town. The house is small compared to the Millers mansion but it's really beautiful and cozy. It's built strictly in Victorian style, like the houses in old British movies with pitched roofs and cylindrical turrets.

The inside of the house was painted in darker tones like greys and browns. The woodwork was intricate and complicated but it was still warm and homely. I could see myself raising a family in here one day.

Sean hasn't even asked me to be his girlfriend and here I am, thinking about a family with him. What the hell is wrong with me?

I went inside and gave Flora an off for the rest of the day. Flora was our live-in maid that was almost the same age as Jennie. She was married to one of the guards and they both stayed in the servants quarter with their two daughters.